Just starting the process; anyone else considering WLS want to be a penpal??

Dukemom
on 8/24/13 7:55 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

I'm 55 and live in Sarasota, FL.  My GI doctor at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL referred me to their Bariatric Department for an evaluation.  I have appointments with 4 different departments on Monday, October 7th (an overall Bariatric consult; a consult with a Bariatric Psychologist; a consult with a Bariatric Surgeon, and a consult with a Bariatric Registered Dietician.

I would love to correspond with someone else who is in the "is this right for me?', to share thoughts, research, preperations and experiences.

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

barb.k
on 9/3/13 9:14 am - Williamson, GA

Hi, we are close in age, weight, and I am just a little ahead of you in making a decision regarding surgery. It is a big decision and very personal, but sure is nice to share with someone. Do all the research that you can, make a list of questions, most likely they will be answered before you even ask them. In case they aren't just ask. Remember this is personal and those that don't live with obesity can't understand, and even those who are obese until they get to the point of considering surgery might not get it either.

Dukemom
on 9/3/13 8:36 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

Hi Barb, thanks for answering my post.  How far away from Hot-lanta do you live?  We lived in Roswell, just north of the city, for 4 years. We left in 1996, just before the Olympics.  I don't miss the traffic there at all.
Have you had your consults?  Do you have a date?

I have decided to have the surgery if the doctors feel I am a candidate and if my insurance approves it.  I am continuing to read books about the surgery and life afterwards, and I'm eating a high protein diet with none of the food that are banned after surgery.  I'm trying to exercise more, but it's pretty much the pool because I'm not supposed to do weight bearing exercises because of my joints.  I also have a couple of chair exercise and yoga DVDs.I just haven't tried them yet. 

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

SandraBarton
on 10/3/13 3:27 pm - Fresno, CA

Hi I'm Sandra. I'm 30 years old and I am above 300lbs. However...I have lost 45 already...and looking to lose A LOT more.

I currently live in Fresno California (about 3 hours from LA) and I am looking for buddies to work out with. I have a friend who lives in South Carolina and every day we would text message each other our work outs. Well unfortunately she had a tragic loss in her family and she no longer has the momentum. Although I am doing everything I can for her and she KNOWS I will be here for her when she's ready, I want to continue my workouts.

Because of the awesomeness that we have started...I realized via cell phone (APP, so no phone numbers are exchanged) I am able to work out with whoever wants to exercise. So that is why I'm here. I already have a group started...but its REEEEEEEEALLY SLOW. My goal is to have 2 or 3 workouts posted each day.

All of this will make more sense if you check out the link below. It is a local womens only group, but I am able to extend the WORKOUT version (vs personal in town meetups) to those far and wide. Its free, easy, and innovative so if you want to just at least check it out let me know ok! =)

PS: I'm looking for people who will actually POST workouts...vs join and never do anything :P
Its a motivational mobile group. Check it out....btw this is not spam.. !

http://www.meetup.com/Thegoodgirlsclub/events/139585552/

SandraBarton
on 10/3/13 3:26 pm - Fresno, CA

Hi I'm Sandra. I'm 30 years old and I am above 300lbs. However...I have lost 45 already...and looking to lose A LOT more.

I currently live in Fresno California (about 3 hours from LA) and I am looking for buddies to work out with. I have a friend who lives in South Carolina and every day we would text message each other our work outs. Well unfortunately she had a tragic loss in her family and she no longer has the momentum. Although I am doing everything I can for her and she KNOWS I will be here for her when she's ready, I want to continue my workouts.

Because of the awesomeness that we have started...I realized via cell phone (APP, so no phone numbers are exchanged) I am able to work out with whoever wants to exercise. So that is why I'm here. I already have a group started...but its REEEEEEEEALLY SLOW. My goal is to have 2 or 3 workouts posted each day.

All of this will make more sense if you check out the link below. It is a local womens only group, but I am able to extend the WORKOUT version (vs personal in town meetups) to those far and wide. Its free, easy, and innovative so if you want to just at least check it out let me know ok! =)

PS: I'm looking for people who will actually POST workouts...vs join and never do anything :P
Its a motivational mobile group. Check it out....btw this is not spam.. !

http://www.meetup.com/Thegoodgirlsclub/events/139585552/

Most Active