:(

Julia H.
on 1/15/12 8:41 am - Fayetteville, NC
This is my first time posting on here. I'm from North Carolina. I will be 3 years post op next month. I lost weight from the surgery. Didn't reach my goal, but then I started gaining weight. Now I'm working on losing the weight I already lost and then the rest of it. I really just need some support and motivation. I'm also willing to do the same for anyone who might possibly interested in being a pal to me.
Lisa Hull
on 1/18/12 8:08 am - Swanzey, NH
Hi Julia!  Welcome to the forum!   I'm in a similar boat.  I had surgery back in 2006 and had to have my lapband removed in 2009.  I'm looking to have the lapband reinstalled to restart my weight loss and get myself to be healthier.  I would love to be the support you need to stay "focused on the prize". 

Lisa
Julia H.
on 1/18/12 11:26 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thank you. I'll have your back as well.

Heather S.
on 1/18/12 8:34 am
Hi Ladies,

No worries you have already started to refocus by coming here.  I too experienced weight regain after my RNY in 2004 and thought that all hope was lost.  Weight Regain was common (stretched Stoma).  I thought all hope was lost and I struggled to lose the weight that I had regained.  I'm sure you both you know terrible this feels as you try everything you can going back to tried and true diets and exercises.

I had a Band over Bypass in April of 2011 and feel that I am doing well (down 30lbs) it was a slow start.  But I have my head in check and am really working this band.  It can be done don't give up hope on yourselves.  Have faith keep your head up high and know that you can do it.  If you feel that you want to revise your surgery lets see if we can be pals and stick together to do the research or if you want to try and go another route and try to work on your own diet and exercise routine then we can do this together cause I'm on an exercise kick and can use the motivation as well.

Keep up the good work.

Heather
Thank You,

Heather

Julia H.
on 1/18/12 11:28 am - Fayetteville, NC
Thank you Heather. I think I am going to try the diet and exercise route for right now and see where that gets me. Congrats on your 30 lb weight loss. I completely feel like we should motivate each other.

alipie69
on 2/12/12 6:57 am
VSG on 01/31/12
Hi, Julia I just had my surgery on Jan 31 and what I have learn is that, sometimes we can eat the wrong things and it will contrubite to weightgain fast. Your on the right path seeking help from others, support is a very big key in weight loss. Going to groups are not fun but you can learn so much from others mistakes. I am a person who looks into everything. I wish you look sweetie I don't know which surgery u had I pray its not the band. I had the Sleeve done and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Take care and God Bless you u will be in my Prayers Julia. Hope we can be friends. Ali
Most Active