I have noticed that lately

mermaidz
on 10/11/12 1:38 pm - Brampton, Canada
my FM has been really acting up.

It is cold damp and wet outside so I expect to have the nasty pain but it almost seems like my Fibro meds aren't working anymore?

I'm on Lyrica and Cymbalta and they seemed to work fairly ok prior to WLS

Anyone else find this? I'm a bit concerned that they aren't being absorbed properly because my system is now "rerouted"

Thanks

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Missy A.
on 10/12/12 4:24 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
I had my surgery 8 weeks ago today and I have been in a flare up for almost 5 weeks now. It is very painful. I too am on cymbalta, and also take neurontin, but they seem to be only helping very little at this time. Not sure if there is a connection to WLS or if it is the weather. I always get extremely bad in the winter time. Even though it is only fall, we have had some cold and rainy days as well.

Hope you feel better soon!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

mermaidz
on 10/12/12 7:42 am - Brampton, Canada
thank you Missy....Hope you feel better soon too!!

Hislady
on 10/12/12 7:29 am - Vancouver, WA
You might want to talk to your surgeon and see if he thinks your surgery may be causing malabsoption of your meds. Some RNY folks do have to switch to different meds or take more of them because of their surgeries. Good luck I know mine has improved since I started neurontin.
mermaidz
on 10/12/12 7:40 am - Brampton, Canada
Thank you so much Hislady. I have been wondering whether the RnY did interfere with my fibro.. I did see my psychiatrist today (depression accompanies Fibro) and he increased my meds.

We will see what happens.. sighs

Most Active
Recent Topics