Lyrica and Savella

carogrl
on 10/2/12 10:53 am - Murrells Inlet, SC
 Has anyone been prescribed Lyrica to take at night and Savella to take in the morning?
Hislady
on 10/2/12 11:11 am - Vancouver, WA
I took lyrica for awhile but it caused such a weight gain that I switched to cymbalta. I haven't tried savella so can't speak to that maybe some of the others will chime in.
Missy A.
on 10/3/12 7:09 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
I, too, have tried Lyrica but it caused some really bad side effects in the form of suicide thoughts. So I had to stop that. I also now take Cymbalta.

Haven't tried Savella, so I'm not sure how well that works.

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

JazzyOne9254
on 10/6/12 1:46 am
I take both Cymbalta and Lyrica.  They work great for me,  SAvella, on the other hand, did make me suicidal. and I had every side effect the drug had to offfer, except one.

It would be interesting to find out the body chemistry of those whom Savella seems to work best for.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

dianeg49
on 10/6/12 3:03 pm
I take Lyrica three times per day.
Dianeg49            
jasonsmith
on 10/14/12 6:37 am - MO
I take savella morning and night. no proplems so far

jav019
on 10/16/12 4:59 pm - madison, WI
I tried Lyrica, Savella and cymbalta. None of them worked for me and they all made me gain weight as well.

JazzyOne9254
on 10/18/12 1:48 am

It's interesting that you mention weight gain as a side effect.  I have not had any significant weight gain, but perhaps it's because I have a DS instead of a RNY.  It would probably be different for someone who has a LapBand, or one of the other surgeries, too.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

TerriORN
on 10/21/12 11:36 am - Maple Valley, WA
VSG on 07/09/12
I took Lyrica which made me loopy and very dizzy. I took Savella for two weeks. I had bizarre side effects of being hypersexually stimulated. Needless to say I stopped both. I am now on Cymbalta and weaning myself back to the NSAIDS with difficulty. Cymbalta works well but I don't like the weight gain associated with it. I am taking 30mg daily.
I had the gastric sleeve in July and have lost 57 pounds.

carogrl
on 10/21/12 12:36 pm - Murrells Inlet, SC
Hi...I did not think after having a VSG we could take NSAIDs . Congratulations on your fantastic weight lost!!! I had a VSG done July 2008. I did great for about 6 months....lost 70 lbs. which was my goal weight. Then everything started downhill...fibromyalgia, entire spine has problems, rheumatoid arthritis and an extremely difficult marriage (5 years now). My stress level is out the roof which makes the fibro worse. But....I just wanted to tell you to please be very careful and do not gain the weight back. It can happen so fast...I gained 35 lbs back. I will loose it again but must work on getting out of pain first. So many of the medicines will cause weight gain or block you from loosing. Good Luck and Congrats!
Most Active
Recent Topics