Lymph node question

Blessed B
on 8/17/12 4:03 pm
Hi everyone,

It has been awhile since I've posted. I haven't been on any medication for my Fibro since January and to be honest, I still feel the same whether I am on medication or not.  However, I did go to my Internal Medicine Doctor because I just don't feel quite right. My lymph node in my left arm pit has been sore and the Doctor sent me for a Mammogram and an Ultrasound. My result was a swollen Lymph Node in my armpit and now they are sending me to a Surgeon to evalute me.  Has any of you experienced this? If so, do you know what it was or how they treated you? 
Oh and I had a bunch of blood work done too. I am quite sad to report that I was notified my blood sugar is 7.1 and I am given 3 months to get my act together or I will be put on medication.  I know for a fact this is related to my weight gain and that is a huge reason why I am not taking medication (I gained 30 lbs on Amitryptaline and it slowed my metabolism). I'm just so frustrated..I haven't been on diabetic medication since 2005.
Any input would be appreciated! 
Thanks

Taking one day at a time.

Hislady
on 8/27/12 3:57 pm - Vancouver, WA
I had a swollen node many years ago and a surgeon just snipped it out, no biggie, used a local anesthesia. Nowadays they may be able to just empty it with a needle, hard to tell, depends on whether it is solid or liquidy. You might try cymbalta for pain. I had been in lyrica but it made me gain so switched to cymbalta and it has worked fine with no weight gain. You might ask your doc about it. Hang in there!
Most Active
Recent Topics