wiggly legs

KellyM
on 7/8/12 6:57 pm - Katy, TX
Thelast couple of nights I cannot sleep because of the wiggly, jiggly feeling in my legs. I hate it. I was diagnosed with FM about 7 years ago and would have these feelings. Is there anything I can do so I can sleep?
Kelly Noonan
Hislady
on 7/9/12 6:46 am - Vancouver, WA
Sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome and there is medication for it. Could also be a type of neuropathy so you should probably see your doc about it. It certainly would be annoying to try to sleep with that! Hope the doc can help you get some sleep, can't go long without sleeping before it really gets you down.
KellyM
on 7/10/12 2:52 am - Katy, TX

Thank you. I am really tired fighting this...and physically spent.

Kelly Noonan
sassygirl23
on 7/9/12 3:27 pm
KellyM, if it IS restless legs there IS a medication that works for it.  Probably more than one.  I know of (and use) gabapentin.  It comes in many differently potencies - the docs usually start low and go up if they need to.  Without it I would never get a moments rest!  it was insane - my legs twitch but when I am under alot of stress, it is almost like my whole body is flopping all over the bed like a fish out of water.  Not a pretty sight - and an even worse feeling.  But it all began with just a little twitching....so talk with your doctor. 
I was put on one med that took away the twitching but not the pain that is connected with it (I didnt even realize there was that much pain till I stopped jumping all around!  LOL).

Good luck - I hope you get help.  (my goal is one day to be off all my meds....but I really dont know if I will ever be off the gaba...)
Kathy
KellyM
on 7/10/12 2:51 am - Katy, TX
Thank you so much. You described my symptoms exactly. I will contact my dr. I sure did not know that there was something I could take to give me relief. I am exhausted.
Kelly Noonan
LisaAC
on 7/19/12 2:47 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kelly,

Have you had your thyroid checked lately?  Mine went hyper some months back and one of the symptoms was this "restless leg" thing.  I walked miles while lying there trying to sleep!  They just wouldn't stop and it wore me out.  Very frustrating. 

Hope you get some relief soon...and I suggest you ask for a thyroid function test.  Good luck.

Lisa

gypsyheart1956
on 8/6/12 5:18 am
 I have had this since I was in elementry school. I found it was called restless leg syndrome. Mind stopped with the use of a cpap and meds
I would go to the doctor because it does not get better. Calcium helped when I was younger
Bratlyn98
on 2/10/13 10:42 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12
Yep I have rls and take requip and trazadone

Surgery Date: RNY: 12/19/12

Weight in: 221 lbs

Starting weight: 235 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics