Weight gain with fibromyalgia

sabrina
on 5/26/12 2:35 am - Turlock, CA
 Good morning everyone
I am curious did anyone else have weight gain around the time that fibromyalgia was diagnosed or before? I had a car accident about two years ago and gained about 30 pounds since then. I only recently got diagnosed with fibromyalgia about three months ago but wow how to get the weight back off? I had gastric bypass in 2005 and so im at 170 after staying about 145 for a very long time until the accident....does anyone think its correlated? also does anyone have a good RD in the Modesto CA area? any and all information is greatly appreciated. 

Sabrina
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish.........
Hislady
on 5/26/12 11:57 am - Vancouver, WA
Well from my experience I don't think the fibro actually cause the weight but indirectly it does contribute because you hurt and don't want to move cause it makes it hurt worse. I think those of us that do try to get some exercise have learned to take it very slow and easy. We tend to do things like walking or water exercise so that it isn't so painful. You were probably less active after your accident too so it may have been a combination of things. I'd say the best way to lose is go back to basics, lots of lean protein and non starchy veggies and don't forget lots of water.I wish you luck, it sure would be nice if it were as easy to lose as it is to gain!!!!
Cherokeesage
on 6/4/12 1:55 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I was underweight most of my life and then reached a normal weight.  Once I started aching all over, I coudn't do as much exercise but was still trying.  I tore my feet up running and then my knees.  Next, came weight gain.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Keye
on 7/16/12 2:23 pm - Detroit, MI
VSG on 10/04/12
 Same here-After being diagonised with Fibro in 09 I spented almost 2 years alternation between a state of excurciating pain and sleep. Rarely any energy to exercise something not even to eat. Before then I did taebo 5x with 5 pound weights instead of gloves and teatered between high normal and overweight. Now I'm at my highest weight ever.

Most Active
Recent Topics