will less weight make it easier when not flaring?

mcasper0317
on 3/15/12 9:53 am - Medway, MA
Hi Everyone!!

I just joined and I have been gaining weight steadily and I eat healthy but I was just wondering If after surgery and if losing the weight makes exercising any easier.  Right now its really difficult on me to exercise however I still try.  I guess I'm just really nervous and any help would be great!!

Thanks!
Mary 
Hislady
on 3/16/12 12:23 pm - Vancouver, WA
Well weight loss surgery in general is going to make you feel better in general it doesn't seem to help with fibro pain. A very few have gotten relief but the majority of us still have our constant fibro pain. The important thing to remember with fibro ands exercise is to remember to go slow and easy. You don't have to exercise like an athlete for it to be effective, even a nice walk a few times a day can do wonders. It's better to be able to do a slow consistant exercise routine than to kill yourself one day and then suffer for a week because you caused a flare. Good luck to you! 
rebelmama
on 4/1/12 2:25 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
WOW, I was hoping the surgery would allieviate the fibro totally. I am looking to having my surgery after thanksgiving 2012. will have my 2nd nutritionist appt this month. I too find it hard to exercise too, but I am walking nightly now and hoping it will help.

rebelmama!!!!!

dianeg49
on 4/6/12 3:17 pm
I agree with His Lady. Walking is a very good exercise for fibro. I have found that now that I have lost some weight I am able to exercise more(when not flaring). Of course when a flare hits all bets are off and I just concentrate on riding out the flare and then I hop back on the bandwagon.
Dianeg49            
Most Active
Recent Topics