chest pain

blueblond1973
on 3/15/12 7:16 am - MI
Hi ladies need some support from the fibro community. First let me staart off by saying I have anxiety problems but this gets so scary. I get alot of chest pain been told its inflamation in my cartilage from the fibro but some times its hard to not go to the ER. just to make sure but i feel so stupid when they once again tell me im fine. And alot of times they will ?? about taking my anxity pills. I went in last friday ekg fine still felt like crap on monday went to the doctors said its nomonia but he didnt do an x ray because i had my son with me. Can anybody tell me the diffrence between fibro pain and heart pain. They say the fibro pain will hurt worse if you push on it, but when it hurts all the time its hard to tell. Loretta
Hislady
on 3/15/12 9:15 am - Vancouver, WA
It's so hard to tell someone else about pain especially docs. I have lung disease so I know how hard it is sometimes to tell the difference. I will say that my pain that comes with pneumonia is a deeper feeling pain than any fibro pain I have. My fibro pain tends to be just a constant achy feeling near the skin level, where I "think" a heart pain would be intense. However saying that, women present differently than men when it comes to say a heart attack. I would say your pains are probably more from anxiety (I've had those too) and yes they can be quite painful. You are a young woman tho so unless there is a firm reason to be concerned (say other strong symptoms) I would advise you to figure it is like the doc says fibro/anxiety pain. I've never heard about fibro pain being more painful when pushed on so not sure what they are saying there. I would say unless there is seriously intense pain, it is probably our ugly fibro. If it should get very intense never be afraid to get it checked out better safe than sorry.
dianeg49
on 3/16/12 2:29 pm
I have congestive heart failure along with my fibro. I have had many times when I did not know if my chest pain was heart or fibro. Early on I would get very nervous about this. I have learned to take a few deep breaths and lay down for a little while and just take relaxing breaths. For me, when I can not calm down or the pain does not go away then I should go in and have it checked out. Check with your dr. about having some nitro pills on hand. Usually if you take them when you are not having chest pains you just end up with a really big headache.
Try to learn to let yourself relax when you get anxious and worried. Good luck
Dianeg49            
blueblond1973
on 3/17/12 10:58 am - MI
i honestly think its gastritis pain but cant find anywere about it on internet. I have had chronic gastritis for yearss now my surgeon says the surgery will help since they think my gastritis is from bile back up from having my gallbladder out. And since im on my third set of anibotics and a round of steroids my gastritis is really bad right now. its just so scary not knowing i know i need to relax and thought i had my panic in check but i still get scared when my left chest starts to hurt. i know im young for heart problems but im allready on bllod preasure meds. so i get scared ive taken nitro before so i know about the headache wow are they bad, but id feel better if i had some exspecially when home alone with alex. thanks for your guys help im feeling a little better today and im a new grandma Loretta
Most Active
Recent Topics