Hi guys!!

merrymorris
on 2/27/12 2:17 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Hi fellow fibros! My name is Merry and I have had chronic pain my whole life and was diagnosed by my rhemutologist about 5 years ago. I will be getting the Duodenal Switch in May and I was wondering if weight loss has helped anyone with the pain. Also, anyone on antidepressants that were effected by the surgery?
Hislady
on 2/27/12 4:04 am - Vancouver, WA
Unfortunately few of us have been helped by our surgery and that includes all the different surgeries. Fibro pain usually continues, now any arthritic pain or just pain from the weight will ease or go away but the fobro is an evil pain and stays to wreck havoc with us. Can't address the pill issue because I have a crap band and can swallow anything and don't malabsorb.
loretta cowels
on 2/27/12 9:15 pm - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
Hi I havnt had surgery yat either mine is in april ive learned from others that it doent help but im hoping losing a little weight will help me feel a little better . Loretta
gigglesAlot
on 3/17/12 10:45 am
Many of us have different kinds of pain; for example, pain from lugging around so much excess weight, arthritis/joint pain, migraine pain, to a name a few things.  So, if you can get control of as many layers of pain as possible than it is just easier to deal with fibromyalgia.  In that respect weight loss surgery has helped my fibro because I am less tired than when I was carrying around so much more weight which contributes in a better way to the pain cycle.  Also, it has eased my joint pain.  It is soooo hard to deal with fibro so eliminating any additional pain is beneficial.

Good Luck
Barb
Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
Most Active
Recent Topics