Interesting observation

Hislady
on 11/18/11 1:26 pm - Vancouver, WA
OK this is just something I noticed after I started drinking Red Bull for some energy, but my muscles aren't as sore when just a week ago they were horrible! It has lots of B vitamins and amino acids which are both good for the muscles so I'm guessing that is why it helps but I'm sticking with my Red Bull from now on. You do have to be careful with it because it has some anti coagulant properties to it so if you take warfarin ask your doc first.
loretta cowels
on 11/18/11 10:23 pm - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
does it have caffine in it .
Hislady
on 11/20/11 9:26 am - Vancouver, WA

Yes it does but not a lot, it has a bit less than a cup of coffee the same size. I drink the sugar free type so it may be different than the regular one. I only drink one a day so that's only equal to one cup of coffee.

loretta cowels
on 11/22/11 2:46 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
just wondering because i use to drink energy drinks and for some reason they gave me utis dont know why.
(deactivated member)
on 11/22/11 3:58 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Ignore this message, I am just screwing with the mods.

By their own butt-hurt personal feelings standards, from what I can see.

I posted to Sarah recently - AS A PERSON, NOT AS A MOD - in which I disagreed with her about something she said that was snarky to DSers, in a way that did NOT violate TOS - which she did NOT bother to respond to directly, although she made excuses for her attitude in a response to someone else.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4467729/Stages-of-WLS/  I wonder if she got butt-hurt by what I said, and that may be coloring the heavy-handed moderation I am receiving now.  Frankly, although she has portrayed herself as someone who deserves special treatment because of her medical issues, I have long since tired of her thinking it gives her dispensation for some of the crap she posts - but you'd think I tipped over a cripple's wheelchair by not giving her a pass or by disagreeing with her. 

I sense a growing Amy-vibe from her.  Including the aspect that seems to reflect DS-envy - the DS would clearly have been better for both of them, statistically, and both of them seem to take pro-DS/anti-RNY stuff personally.  Which is fine with me - I don't give a rat's patoot what she thinks of me personally - but I think it is affecting her "professional" judgment in her role as a moderator.

I have also disagreed with Kathy S personally, though I don't recall if there has been a recent incident.

Barbara C is beyond annoying with her cross-posting every little thing that she thinks gives her a reason to put her face and "title" on every page on OH.  Most of the time when she posts that drivel on the DS forum, it is UTTERLY irrelevant to any of us - and I often say so.

I have also told Eric Klein - when he took a brief spin at posting publicly and ostensibly as a MEMBER - that I would NOT help him when he "invited" me to - for free - write an article for his OH rag that he didn't have time to write.  And I criticized his incomprehensible and factually inane postings here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4431266/Lap-Banders-W rite-a-Letter-to-Washington/#36630036  I wonder if he is butt-hurt about that?  I kinda doubt it - I don't get the sense that he has feelings that can get hurt, other than being frustrated that his attempt to interact with me didn't go his way - and OH is just his cash cow.

So, overall, it appears to me that the mods can't separate their feelings about my criticizing them as MEMBERS with their roles as moderators, and are using that as an excuse to apply different standards to my posts, and moderating them - or putting ME on moderation.  That's how it appears to meIn my opinion, if they can't maintain professional impartiality as moderators, they should resign.  Am I allowed to have an opinion about this?
amystone
on 1/2/12 9:32 am

These drinks are carbonated, right? I thought we were supposed to stay away from ALL carbonated drinks. Have you noticed or had any issues/problems with it? I'd love to try it, and I definitely could use the energy boost.

~Amy~
Hislady
on 1/4/12 10:36 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Amy, yes they are a bit carbonated but no where near like a soda. I just let it sit awhile first. Besides that my band is empty, long story but I just got tired of playing fill, unfill and then still being too tight so I had it emptied and actually am much happier that way and not gaining much weight because I can finally eat healthy food again. I also take my time to drink it so you'll have to kinda make a judgement call as to if you want to try it.
Most Active
Recent Topics