???

loretta cowels
on 10/17/11 4:54 pm - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
I have a few ? for someone whos had wls. I allready have ibs and since i had my gallbladder out about 10 years ago i allready have dumping. I dont no what causes it the doctors just ignore me but some times i get cold sweats feel awful then end up in the bathroom. Will this get worse after surgery. im hoping some how it gets better, And the other thing i know is not talked about but id like to hear about what to exspect pain wise etc. with the fibro i uassally take a long time to heal. I like to be well prepared thanks loretta
Hislady
on 10/18/11 2:52 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi there I don't really have any answers but I'd suggest you post this on the forum of whatever surgery you are planning on, I'm sorry I forgot which it was. Anyway they might have more answers for you if no one responds here.  Myself I didn't really have more pain from the surgery but I rarely do because I'm on narcotic pain meds all the time so I don't feel as much as others do. Good luck to you!
dec721
on 10/20/11 11:23 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Hi, Loretta --  I haven't popped into the fibro board in a long time, but I am glad to answer your questions as best I can.

I had my gallbladder out about 10 years before I had weight loss surgery.  I would occasionally have to make a quickie bathroom run, so I think I know what you are talking about.  For me, it seems to be caused by a high-fat meal or a snootload of sugar.  It has not been any different since wls, but not knowing which surgery you are having, I don't know if it would be worse for you.  Are you already scheduled for your wls?  RNY and DS, as malabsorptive surgeries, have more dumping than the lapband and the vsg, which are restrictive surgeries.  As a vsger, I can highly recommend it as a weight-loss surgery and as one that doesn't usually cause dumping.

As for the fibromyalgia angle, I have had it for 28 years.  The pain is unrelenting and unchanging.  I am on several pain meds, which only take the edge off.  I had no more pain post-wls than I did going in, and since the wls was laparoscopic, there was not a whole lot of healing issues.  I healed up easily and well and have not had the first problem post-op.  I followed my surgeon's guidelines to a tee, because I was not about to endanger my health and my life by doing otherwise, and I have done extremely well.  No more ... or fewer ... fibro problems afterward than I had before.

Best wishes on your journey!
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

loretta cowels
on 10/21/11 3:38 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
thank you im not sure what kind of surgery i can have i have had gallbladder out to and have ibs. i have my stomach tied and i think that effect the kind of surgery i can have i see my new surgeon on the 3rd . loretta the old one didnt tell me much
Most Active
Recent Topics