New to fibro

Nikki Lee
on 3/12/11 9:44 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 08/25/09 with
HI everyone

My name Is nikki

I have rny Aust 09 and have lost 145. and have 100 to go.  Last week I found out i have fibro and was put on cymbalta. 30mg for 1 week then 60 mg from them on or til i see the dr. and Amitriptyline 25 mg for one week  50 mg for one week and then 75 mg if I need to up it.

I start taking these pills tast friday and since thenwhen I eat meat or a good sold food I only get 2 or 3 bits in then i get pain in my pouch like i have over eaten.

I have called my sugern and am waiting for them to call back

Have any of you had this problem with any meds you have taken

thanks nikki
Hislady
on 3/14/11 9:19 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I don't have any answers for you but welcome to the board! Hopefuly we will be more helpful with other questions you might have. Gentle .
impoopedx3
on 3/16/11 7:03 am - GA
Hi Nikki!

Congrats on the fabulous loss of weight! I'm impressed.

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I have had fibro for 12 years. I tried cymbalta and it just made me constipated. The doctor gave me a funny look when I told her, like no one has ever had that side effect before! So.....it might have something to do with the Cymbalta or not. Just because it's not a listed side effect doesn't mean it's not real. By now you have probably worked this all out. I just wanted you to know there are other fibro people out here. Most of us struggle greatly with fatigue as well, so just writing on a forum is sometimes daunting, energy wise! The one thing I do worry about is that the meds I take might keep me from losing as well as I'd like. They actually slow down your metabolism, as well as making you hungry. On top of that, who has energy to exercise. It will be a HUGE struggle, but I have to do something now. Jumping through insurance hoops for the next few months, then surgery in September. Wondering if RNY or sleeve is better for a fibro sufferer. I worry that if I "dump", it will trigger my fibro pain, and timed release meds don't work right in RNY folks. Lots to think about. I hope you are doing well.
Gentle Hugs,
Beth

Most Active
Recent Topics