some Dr's

peramoredibacett
on 8/18/08 2:57 am - CT
my surgen told me the other day to stop taking all my fibro meds cuz fibro is in my head. im having my surgery in 2 weeks and im not sure what to do i cant be in this much pain i stoped taking it for about 3 days now and wow dose it make a dif. i have a call in to my fibro dr to see what he says but i dont know. i hate dr some times i mean he was nice when i frist saw him 4 months ago and i told him about the meds im on and he never said anything now i go for my pre op the other day and he starts on me, its in ur head u know this right, its a fake thing that dr just say to shut the pations up grrrrrr
Hislady
on 8/18/08 11:06 am - Vancouver, WA
I took my oxycodone right up until the morning of my surgery! Maybe it is the type of meds you are on but if that is the case he could at least give you something else to take until after the surgery. I just hate when docs say or imply it's all in our heads, I'd like them to have to live with it for just one week, bet they'd be writhing in pain. Maybe your fibro doc can get with the other one and talk some sense into him, I sure hope so, there's no reason for us to hurt anymore than we have to. Good luck, kiddo!
mrs. neenaj
on 8/21/08 12:33 pm
I went for my 6 month postop appt. and my surgeon said that I can start taking some pain meds and even do Celebrex again if I need to. I'm going to add some glucosomine and chondroitin to my vitamins also. I hate when dr.'s suggest that this is all in our heads. I told a dr. one time that I wish he could live in my body for 1 day and he would never say that to a fibro patient again.
Photobucket
Shanana
on 8/28/08 6:38 am - Altavista, VA
I went thru many drs telling me that before I got a diagnosed with my fibro. That burns me up too! Sorry you are going thru this! Let us know how it goes.I hope all will be well.Just logged onto the board so sorry for the late response.
Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

Most Active
Recent Topics