Are You Able To Exercise?

mrs. neenaj
on 8/16/08 10:20 am
I keep trying to get into an exercise routine but my pain has gotten worse. I usually do water aerobics or walk on a treadmill but my sciatica has flared and so has my degenerative discs. I'm a former athlete and have to be careful not to over do it but I know that I should be doing some exercises.  What do you do?
Photobucket
Hislady
on 8/16/08 1:56 pm - Vancouver, WA
Boy I hear you on this subject. I have basically a disintegrating spine for lack of a better discription and COPD (a lung disease) so exercise is really a challenge. I finally decided I was gonna hurt anyway so I may as well go ahead and exercise. I do take pain medication but there is still a certain amount of pain to live with everyday. I just try to do the best I can and on good days work alittle harder. On bad days I just go real easy or not at all depending on the pain level. It's a fine line we have to walk but I do TRY to get some exercise in everyday, even if it is just a short walk or a mile on the stationary bike.
mrs. neenaj
on 8/17/08 6:08 am
I'm going to do better after I get an epidural for my spine pain. Right now I'm only doing 2 days a week and I want to do at least 4 days a week.
Photobucket
Shanana
on 8/28/08 6:41 am - Altavista, VA
I basically do stretches and maybe a few min on my stationary back. I had physical therapy after back surgery in January and try to incorporate some of those stretches in. Some days its literally impossible as it has been lately. Pain makes me depressed and that takes away alot of motivation for me to do anything here lately.Hugs and best wishes on your epidural. They didnt work for me but I know for many they work wonders.
Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

Bettiedidnt
on 9/6/08 7:43 am - Oak Harbor, WA
VSG on 09/24/08 with
I couldnt find an exercise that did not make me feel like my limbs were going to fall off until I got my Wii fit.  Now I've worked up to 30 mins a day in just 40 days.   And I definitely notice an improvement in the pain!
Nicole2777
on 9/29/08 11:30 am - McRae, AR
VSG on 12/08/08 with
Water classes--LOVE THEM!
stretching
some light walking (makes me hurt worse if I do it much though).

I will be happy with thighs that don't touch!

Most Active
Recent Topics