is my Fibro back?

Darlene W.
on 6/22/08 1:54 am - Arcata, CA
I have had Fibro for 8 yrs.  I had surgery in Oct 08 and after I lost quite abit I actually quit hurting.  About a week ago, my toes, fingers, knees, arms, well, it seems most of my body started hurting again really bad.  The back of my knees hurt really bad. I came down with a sore throat and cold.  I am on Methadone (from a pain clinic), which I have cut down from 8 per day to 2 or 4.  Has anyone else had this?  Is my fibro back? I am so depressed about this.  I just feel like crap today.  I am going to call my dr tomorrow.  thanks for listening
Hislady
on 6/22/08 5:21 am - Vancouver, WA
Can't say for sure but I know for myself anything that causes my body stress such as being sick makes my fibro flair up. You are fortunate that yours stopped hurting for awhile, mine never does. Usually weight loss doesn't do much for fibro. Have you been diagnosed by a rheumatologist to determine if your pain is actually fibro? I only ask because many people and docs just assume that alot of pains are fibro. Anyway calling your doc sounds like the best thing to do, hopefully he will be able to address the problem. Good luck!
Darlene W.
on 6/22/08 5:42 am - Arcata, CA
yes i have been diagnosed by a rheumatologist.  I went to a pain clinic and got a prescription for methadone.  thank you for writing me back. 
Hislady
on 6/22/08 3:41 pm - Vancouver, WA
Good to hear that, it's always better to work with someone who is knowledable. I have an awesome PCP who knows me well enough that he trusts me with a low dose oxycodone Rx so I can get around pretty well now altho I still have the occasional bad day. I'm finally at a point in my weight loss where I can get some excersize in daily and it really helps too. Again I hope your doc is able to help you out, I know too well how miserable fibro is. Take care!
Shanana
on 6/24/08 6:09 am - Altavista, VA
I was not diagnosed until after my wls. I just knew that I had hurt for years and been told lose weight and you will feel better. I had a period when weight was flying off that I didnt hurt anywhere like I did before surgery. My happy mood may have had alot to do with this as I have learned that fibro is seriously irritated by stress. It all returned to me though like a ton of bricks. Im sorry you feel so bad. I have good days and bad. Hoping the good will start out numbering the bad. Hope your dr can help you. I got my diagnosis over a year after surgery after surgery after going to many drs. Also found out I had advaanced osteoarthritis, degenerative disk disease and a ruptured disk. I only wish losing weight would have taken all the pain away. I didnt lose all this weight in expectation of continuing pain, daily meds for pain and back surgery. I still have hope and boards like this help me with that. Hugs! Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

AphY Girl
on 6/30/08 1:59 am
If you are having symptoms of sore throat and a cold you might be withdrawling from the Methadone that you have cut back on.  So I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is not Fibro but just your body reacting to the cut back of the Methadone.
Darlene W.
on 6/30/08 2:57 am - Arcata, CA
thank you EMily, actually I went to the dr and it is a virus and I am feeling much better.  maybe it was partly due to cutting back on the Methadone, if so i feel good about cutting it back.  Thank you for writing me. 
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/08 3:48 pm - AZ
I think you went thru methodone withdraw. You can't just take 8 aday and drop to 2 or 4. That is not good. I use to be on methodone but my doctor changed it to the fenytal drug patch at 50 mcg per 72 hours. It is much more stronger than mg's. If your on for example paxil and stop cold turkey withdrawl will happen. I just had my revision tho my gastric bypass and the bed was so uncoftable at the hospital. My fibro kicked in so bad that my fibro pain hurt more than the incision did. Go figure.
Most Active
Recent Topics