NOW THEY ARE CALLING IT MYOFASCIAL PAIN?????

angeldore
on 5/6/08 2:35 am
I AM SO PISSED. I AM EVEN TREATED DIFFERENTLY NOW, LIKE MY PAIN SHOULDNT BE AS BADNOW THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN IT A NEW NAME! BUT I KNOW MY BODY, & I HAVE FIBRO! I AM SO PISSED! THE NEW DR. SAID THAT I AM NOT GETTING ANYMORE MEDS, THAT I NEED TO READ THESE CERTAIN BOOKS ABOUT GETTING OVER STRESS & HOW TO DEAL W/ CHRONIC PAIN! THAT WAS HER CURE FOR ME! GOD, I AM SO PISSED, SO DEPRESSED, & I HURT SOOO BAD TODAY! TO TOP IT OFF, I HAVE GAIN 5LB! HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO GO FROM 109 TO 114 OVERNIGHT? SERIOUSLY! MY OTHER DR. HAS UP'ED AFEW OF MY BI POLAR MEDS BECAUSE I AM GETTING REALLY DEPRESSED. ANYWAYS, I BOUGHT THOSE DAMN BOOKS ON AMIZON.COM (THEY WERE CHEAP), SO WE WILL SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY, BUT GOD, I WAS SO PUT BACK BY MY APPT ON SAT. UGH!!!! I AM JUST SOO ANGRY AT THEM ALL FOR NOT REALLY KNOWING ME & WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH, FOR TRYING TO PUT ME IN SOME, NOT AS BAD, CATEGORY. WELL, THANKS FOR READING MY RANT! ANGELIC

peramoredibacett
on 5/6/08 11:01 am - CT

wow i am so sorry they r puting u thru this i could never go thru it i would end up killing them lol i hope all will get better soon i know about the pain its so bad for me too and i have my family saying to me "i think u use ur pain as an excuse" (when they want me to do something for them)  but god for bid they get a lil pain in there knees or have a lil head ac god forbid they have to sleep and cant go no were or do anything for any1 anyways hope u feel better i know this dosnt hel u but just wanted to say hi  laterz

340/325/???/126
highest/current/surgery/goal 

cathy Tolman
on 5/6/08 1:39 pm - escanaba, MI

have you been actually tested for fibro ? tender points etc? are you seeing a rheumatologist?

I have been also diagnosed with myofacial pain syndrome, NOT the same as fibro.. Im so sorry youre having such a rough time getting proper treatment , that sucks for sure. I hope you find someone to help you soon and get some relief..

299 highest weight / 275 day of surgery

Shanana
on 5/7/08 10:27 pm - Altavista, VA
Sorry for your dilema. Did u switch drs? I finally got diagnosed by a rheumo at a teaching hospital a ways away. Now the pain clinic does everything. I went thru many drs that said I was crazy basically and it was in my head. It is very frustrating. I had the pain for years so was finally glad to get a diagnosis. Fibro basically means though they know u have tender points but have no explanation for it. Thats what it i to me anyways. Ill look up the other, sure they just call it different names. Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

PrincessGina
on 5/10/08 3:37 pm - Ft. Drum, NY
Angelic, I cannot beleive what I am reading!  Are you serious?  How can they go from giving you 50 mg of fentnyl....to NOTHING?  WTF?  Did you switch doctors?  How did you get a new Dr? Send me a PM or something, let me know what is going on....I am really worried about you!!!!

angeldore
on 5/13/08 7:24 am
Well, no, I am still on the Fentynal patch, thank  god, but, I am no longer what I always thought I was, a person w/fibro. I am in a different, yet similar category called Myofascial Pain Syndrom (MPS). After my last appt (last Thurs. May 8th) my Dr really helped me to understand the difference, & was sorry about the fact that I was never told otherwise. Basically no one ever told me that it wasnt fibro, everyone had assummed that the other had told me about it! Doctors! Anyways, the difference is that fibro suffers' have trigger points (the knees, shoulders, hips, etc...). People w/MPS suffer from widespread body pain (like me, EVERY INCH of me hurts!). SO, that is how she helped me to understand. And I also asked then, why, do i need to still be taking the Lyrica & she said because fibro & MPS are so alike, it helps w/ both disorders. Well, I hope that cleared that up for you all, thanks so much for caring enough to post a response to my origanal post! Sincerely,  Angelic

horselovenlady
on 6/23/08 4:28 pm
VSG on 04/15/13
I was dx w/ Fibro 13 yrs ago, but have had it probably like 20+.  I hurt all over so if they want to call it something different WTF.  I was granted Social Security almost 2 yrs ago.  I also only take Klonopin to help me sleep or with Motrin if I having severe headaches or any back pain.  I get Neurotomies on my low back and Facet Joint Injections Cervical yearly.  But I am allergic to almost all pain meds, anti depressants.  Everyone always says how do you deal with the pain. I just feel somehow I'm blessed with having allergy's to all that crap.  I watched my father become addicted to all that **** after so many years I surely don't want that on top of what I already have. I just do what I can and only push myself when I have to.

"Make good choices right now. Discipline doesn't always feel good but later on it yields a harvest in our lives if we make right choices." ~ Joyce Meyer ~

LB 7/2008 LB Removed 2/2012  HW:225  LW:165

Sleeve Date 4/15/2013 / HW:240  SW:228  CW:165  GW:140  HT: 5'2"

Casey Q.
on 7/7/08 8:58 pm - Dayton, OH
I am sorry to hear you are going through this.  I had a dr in Ohio who did not believe in giving meds for pain either. For 4 long years!  I was so blessed to get the dr here as she is wonderful about finding something to work.   Some of the things suggested does help but it is not enough,  they say get better sleep but how can you sleep when in pain?  They say exercise but how hard is that on days you can barely walk? 

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics