DARVOCET

angeldore
on 3/19/08 11:42 pm

So, this is the new med that the Doc has purt me on. I am now on 60mmg of Lyrica & 50mg Darvocet 4x a day. Does anyone else take or has taken Darvocet? What are your thoughts abour this drug? I am only going to be on it for a month, then we are going ti be putting me on the Fentynal (sp?) patch. Anyways, again, what are your comments on Darvocet? Thanks,  Angelic

PrincessGina
on 3/20/08 1:54 am - Ft. Drum, NY
WTF????  Why in the heck did they switch you to Darvocet?  I really don't mean to discourage you Angelic, but Darvocet isn't as strong as Norco or Vicodin 10mg.  If the Vicodin wasn't working for you, I have no idea why they would put you on a less potent narcotic.   But honestly everyone is different, and the Darvocet might work great for you.  They don't do a darn thing for me.  I really hope they do work for you because I know how much you suffer.  It just seems like they would have went up to something like Percocet because Oxycodone is a little stonger than Hydrocodone.   Good luck dear, I really wish you some relief.  I know you need it!  Keep me updated!

angeldore
on 3/20/08 2:09 am
Hey there! Oh God, I hurt SOOO bad ! I feel like I am on the ferge of tears! I am curled over in pain! I have left a messege with the drs office, who knows when they will get back to me! GOD! O fricking  HATE this! Why do we get this condition? Why us?!  I have had many people tell me how Darvocet works less than Norco, so I just dont get it. And you can be sure Iam going to address that to the Drs office! Pray that they do something different for  me OK! Thanks,  Angelic

PrincessGina
on 3/20/08 4:15 am - Ft. Drum, NY
I am so sorry you are going through this.  I cannot beleive they did that to you!  I really don't understand the line of thinking there!  I hope they get back to you soon and you get some relief!  I am in the same boat.  I am totally out of pain meds and my Docotor won't give my ANYTHING until next week.  Gotta love Army Doctors @@  All I have is the Soma Muscle Relaxers and they are not cutting it AT ALL!  I try so hard not to cry because I don't want my family to see the tears, but this fare up just won't let up.  I pray that we both get some relief soon! I feel so bad for you dear!  I really hope the drs call you back soon!  Good luck to you!!!!!

angeldore
on 3/20/08 9:36 am
Hey there,  Well, I am FINALLY home. I went to the dr office this morning at 11am. I was crying by the time I got there & breathing all hard becuz of the pain! They made me pee in a cup (cuz they probably thought I was on something!) Anyways, they finally prescribed the Patch for me. I haveit on now, although I am told that it doesnt take effect for 18-24 hours, so until then I have to keep taking the Norco. This HAS to work! I am SOOO sorry thatyou dont have any meds . I cant imagine how hard this must be for you! Let me know when you get some sort of relief & I will keep you all up to speed when this stuff starts to kick in.  Angelic

dorthe H.
on 3/22/08 12:22 am - farmington, MN
Hi Angelic:    Gotta say I'm with the princess on this one.  Darvocet did NOTHING for me.  I'm on 200 mg of Lyrica at bedtime.  It allow me to sleep for about 4-5  hours before I wake from the pain.  Then I'm restless for the remainder of the night, but at least I can manage.    I went through a local pain clinic.  Honestly wouldn't recommend it, though.  It took forever to get into it - then they made me feel like a druggie when they put me on narcotic (methadone).  In the end I landed with my PCP on Lyrica.  Not an experience I would repeat.    How's the patch working for you?  I've gotta find an alternative to the acetaminaphine I'm taking way too often.  It's supposed to help for during the daytime but is not effective.  Something I'll need to address at my next dr appt, I guess.    Don't know if this helps at all, hun, but I thought I'd share.  Hope you're feeling better and your flare up is under control by now.   Happy Easter Dorthe
DORTHE
     AGING IS INEVITABLE
              GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!   
Casey Q.
on 3/27/08 3:46 am - Dayton, OH
I take darvocet but only to take the edge off.  I have such a hard time for them to give me anything else.   I hope your patch helps!

Casey married to love of my life Steven, serving in Iraq, and mom to 4 beautiful girls, hoping to adopt a  boy in the future Mar 5th 2003 lap band placed 277Nov 15th 2005 revision/AGB removed, hiatial hernia repaired, RNY. 270/219/180 -60 pounds 

newhair.jpgFieldReady2.jpg5girls.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics