lyrica, weight gain......

angeldore
on 3/10/08 11:00 am
I'm sitting here reading all of these posts about Lyrica & the dreaded weight gain, & I started saying to myself, I dont get it....You see, I take 600mg of it a day, 300mg 2x a day, & have not gained one pound, I actually have kept losing. I kept thinking & thinking about it & then I thought, maybe I havent gained because I am also taking Provigil (which I found out was an appittite supressant (sp?) I take it because I take so many drugs throughout the day & from the fybro making me so tired (it's basically an upper). SO, thats why I think I have not gained. I am VERY lucky in that area. I know that if I did gain, I would immediatly stop taking it! So to all of you out there who take it & have gained, I am sorry for you because I know how hard we all have come to be where we are...., maybe there are other things out there for you?Gental hugs to you all, & good luck with your pain ( I know that I am STILL looking for that magic pill!) Much Luv,  Angelic

pookieg
on 3/11/08 6:25 am - DFW, TX
Angelic,  I am happy for you that you are still losing.  What type of WLS did you have?  I had a lap band done and I am noticing that I am definetly hungrier than I was now that I am on Lyrica.  Do you feel hunger or does the appetite suppressant relieve that?  I don't know if I am eating out of habit or hunger, but I definetly am eating more.

angeldore
on 3/11/08 12:50 pm
I had total Gastric Bypass on Dec.1 06'. I started out at 232, & am now 109. I certanly hope to god that I didnt offend anyone on here with what I said on  my above post! I think that because I am on the Provigil (the upper), my apettie (sp!) is definitly slowed down. But I do eat ALOT, so maybe that is not is, I dont know. I also have wondered if I was one of those few people who have the problem of NOT being ablw to keep weight on, who just continually lose, ya know? It's all a guessing game for me for now. Anyways, good luck to you! I hope that the Lyrica does better for you than it has done for me. Angelic

kootenay
on 4/19/08 11:45 am - Canada
Just wanted to add that I haven't had any weight gain either but don't take anything to offset hunger or other meds except vitamins. I think Lyrica does not affect all people that way.  I am very sensitive to meds with wg as a side effect.  If it is listed, I will gain so I am so happy this is not the case with Lyrica for me. Kootenay

Ask me how I got rid of my keloid scar!

Most Active
Recent Topics