Fibromyalgia ( Unexlained non movement in through out body any info would help)

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/08 1:20 pm - OK
t before I start my doctor is aware of all the problem's I am about to address and has however referred me out to a pain management doctor however I am on a waiting list and my appointment isn't till March 28th well anyways here goes.

I have deep muscle pain, stabbing pain as well as a lot of burning through out my body, I am always tired I never have the energy to do anything and I am always seem to have severe fatigue, I do have sleep apnea and I do have esophagitis as well as very bad reflux and I am over 4 years post op. So 2 doctor diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and put me on 75mg Lyrica am & pm and then I am on 60 mg extended release morphine am & pm as well on top of the 30 mg immediate release morphine every 4 hrs  but I also have had a bowel obstruction in Aug and then scar tissue removal that was wrapped around my pouch and I suffer from severe abdominal pain as well and it never seems to go away. Well that leads me to my next problem

I am now dealing with an issue that appears my body is wanting to lock up, I can't seem to get out of bed, I am having issue walking and my strength in my body has went down a great amount. I walk like a turtle and some times i feel like i walk with a slouch. The doctor has ordered a bone density and some muscle test as well so I guess I will be having answers in a few weeks I hope. I just know this isn't fair to my son or my husband because this effects is from doing family things.
I know none of your are doctors but if you have had any of this happen to you or can offer any type on info it would mean the world to me.
I will also post this on the main board as well

Thanks in advance for your info and support
hangokid11
on 2/6/08 4:06 pm - MT

I do have FMS and had been doing o****il I had a huge flare up last Dec. 2007, the worst ever,  burning pain, stabbing pain, all on the back of my right shoulder. I thought it was bursitis or something but due to xrays, MRI's, nothing was found. I had been on a fentanyl patch for 3 weeks, and tried to taper off, and it was still there, then one more week, then tapered it off. The pain finally went away. And yes, I was very tired,  and I think the clue is  to make sure  to have enough quality sleep and with the esophagitis (I have that as well, sigh)  I use a pillow wedge to keep me elevated while sleeping. For me, I try to make sure I don't have too much stress in my everyday life, otherwise I get wiped out in the next few days. For example, if going out of town, driving long hours to there and back, I'm hit with big time fatigue usually within 2 to 3 days. So, for fibromyalgia, moderation is the key for me, don't overdo anything all at once. Hang in there, and always ask for help in your everyday activities when feeling fatigued.   Take care!

Shanana
on 3/3/08 8:22 pm - Altavista, VA
Sorry to hear of all your health issues. It is difficult to deal with for me too. Hugs to you, gentle ones, Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

(deactivated member)
on 3/3/08 8:46 pm - OK
THank you right now i am on a fentanyl patch was on morphine i am detoxing its been very hard but we might have found a pain med that will help other then my lyrica. Thanks for replying thought
Most Active
Recent Topics