skinny peoples hurt more!

angeldore
on 10/30/07 12:18 am
Well, thats what my Dr told me yesterday anyways! She was concerened when she saw how skinny I am getting (I am 122lbs now) & told me to be careful because skinny people hurt alot more than 'average' weight people, crazy huh!?! Also, she is upping my Lyrcia to 100mg 3x a day, hoping that soon she will be able to get me wheened off of Vicodin, (beause I asked if having So much Tylenol in my system all the time is good for my liver & she said no), so after that she is going to put me on Oxycodone. Actually, I cant wait to get off of Vicodin. I have become alittle too dependant on it, ...too much for my liking anymore. Anyways, I thoughtthe skinny comment was alittle weird, thought I would share! Hope you all are feeling OK today........Soft hugs to you all! Angelic

annrenee2
on 10/30/07 12:32 am - Knoxville, TN
Angelic, I have been on all kinds of pain meds over the years, Oxycodone is also very addicting, either way we go we become dependent on these pain meds because we hurt so much, I would love to beable to get off all them,  I have no clue why a skinny person would hurt more. Annrenee

Shanana
on 10/30/07 1:08 am - Altavista, VA
Funny he said that. When I was fat my problems were blamed on being fat. When I complained after wls that my tailbone hurt all the time my dr laughed and said it was because i had no cushion. LOL Had to start falling before he checked out and found the nerve damage in my leg and ruptured disk in my back. My drs have told me that the fat cushioned all my injuries and now they are showing up. He also included this as a reason for all the degeneration showing up now. They couldnt just blame it all on being fat anymore. Go figure. Hope you get some pain relief. Sometimes my meds help, sometimes they dont. Its turned cold here and Im feeling it all over.  Hugs, Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

angeldore
on 10/30/07 1:43 am
Yeah, the cold really affects me too, even if its hot during the summer, if the air conditioner is on, mam on man do I hurt! Its just a no win situation with fybro, isnt it! Shannon, I hope your back is getting to feeling atleast ALITTLE better? And on the drugs, yeah, they are all addicting, but I am SO tired of Vicodin, I am more than happy to 'transfer' my addiction to something else for awhile, as bad as that sounds. Again, a no win...... Oh well, Angelic

maggie100
on 12/9/07 5:41 am
This is not good news . I had WLS so I could feel better, less pain. My hips are still hurting badly when I walk and when I'm on my side at night.  I am so tired I want to sleep all the time. At my support group this week a very thin lady said she has more pain in tailbone 'cause she has no more padding on her behind! Just great! I am afraid of pain med. except tylenol. My mom suffered from chronic back pain, and I saw what meds did to her quality of life, but she had no choice as she was in such agony. Had several back surgeries, calf bone, hip bone and metal screws to hold her back together. I tried Vicodin but it makes me really, really jumpy.........like every noise I hear startles me. Most things wipe me out. My goal is to be able to live life better, not in bed! Maggie
Most Active
Recent Topics