CF and depression

on 10/28/07 2:54 am - Longview, TX
I have not been to this website for a while. My surgery was June 06.  I have not met my target, about 30 pounds away, but not really caring about that.I have lost 105 pounds. When I saw this forum I was so happy, I don't remember seeing this forum before.  At least losing a lot of weight helped me with some pain. I use to take a lot more. Now I take Ultracet 3 times a day, and usually flexeril several times a week.  My muscles have never lost their weekness, especially the legs, it's a constant battle. I began having a pain right in the center of my abdomen, just below my stomach.  All the test show it is not an ulcer. THe doctors say it is probly nerve damage.  Do you start having nerve damage pain almost a year after surgery?  They have given me something to put under my tongue, and it works most of the time.  I was wondering if this was just another weird fibromyalgia pain........anyone else have a pain like this? Just wanted to believe it's not all in my head as fibro usually makes you feel. Thanks for listening. L
AmyLucas
on 10/28/07 11:26 am - Jonesboro, AR
Hi L, I have come to the conclusion that if I have a new pain pop up, it's probably going to be the fibro playing little games with me. Generally that is the case. If it gets too bad, I will go to the doctor/ ER and have it checked out. I do have chest pains and I had them before my lapband was placed so I k now it was the fibro. I have had cardio tests to show that nothing is wrong with my heart and my lungs are fine. So, its the fibro for me. Amy
Shanana
on 10/30/07 12:11 am - Altavista, VA
My drs found nerve damage after my surgery in my leg behind my knee. Not supposed to cross my leg but its hard now that I am able too. I have been treated like things are in my head by many drs. Finally to find a dr that diagnosed my fibro. I have weird pains, now, even showing up in my face. I have weakness all over. Not able to exercise much due to fibro pain and rutured disk in my back. Pain meds work sometimes but make me so groggy then i cant move well. Will it ever end........... Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

annrenee2
on 10/30/07 12:38 am - Knoxville, TN
I do have weird pains and have since I was a young teen was always told it was in my head,  I thought I had the start of a ulcer,  Dr. gave me some meds I think its the fibro,  I have server pain in my shoulder the humb of the back of the neck and the pc seems to make it worse. I also feel that its the fibro.  I hate being told its all in my head.......... I am with you I cant exercise everyday do to the fibro and the cf but I have found tha****er warm water therapy exercise it so much better. Annrenee Knoxville TN  RNY April 24th 07

Shanana
on 10/30/07 1:27 am - Altavista, VA
I received trigger point injections in that area between my neck and shoulders and was great for a little over 2 months. The pain dr said cause they wore off that fast that they didnt work. Was a great 2 months while it lasted. Some drs will continue to give them to you. When mine flare up again I will ask again. I told him last time if he wasnt going to give me the shots to make them better, please do not touch them. The time before he did and I cried alot. I am with you on that.  Shannon  PS: Sometimes i find a small stiff ball and put it behind my back and roll around on the wall and it releases a little of the tension. Just an idea. Helps me sometimes. 
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

annrenee2
on 10/30/07 1:47 am - Knoxville, TN
Shanana, Thank you, I am going to try that.. In my Dr. pain office is a chiropactor and he is great with fibro pts, But I dont have the money to have the treatments from it 2 or 3 times a week.  When I go back I will see if she will do some more tigger points in that area, I have had some in my back a while back it didnt work. but right now anything for this pain between my shoulds, that is where I carry the stress and just maybe those will help. Thank you for all your sugestions. Annrenee

Most Active
Recent Topics