Got me some Lyrica!!!!!

mstopgun
on 10/26/07 8:22 am - Myrtle Beach, SC

Went to the rheumatologist this morning and she agreed to let me try the Lyrica.  Was in so much pain I took one at 3:00 instead of waiting til bedtime.  At 3:00 I couldn't move in the chair w/o pain. Now it's 6:15 and I'm getting up with no pain.  I just pray this isn't a fluke.  Going to take one more at bedtime and hopefully I can sleep.  Last night was no fun.  Had to sleep on the sofa with my back pressed to the back of the sofa to get any relief.  Someone please tell me that this is really going to help with my pain and it isn't a fluke???? Gentle hugs to all of my fellow suffers/ Mary Sue

scmartin
on 10/26/07 12:03 pm - arlington, TX

That is so good to hear. Im also on lyrica and have had no burning sensation down my legs and arms  since I first started taking it 3 months ago. It has certainly worked wonders for me.  I do believe that it will work  for you also. I  take all of mine at night that way I sleep thru any side effects. At least thats what my dr told me to do. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Keep us updated and let us know how its working for you. take care, sherri

Shanana
on 10/27/07 1:35 am - Altavista, VA
This was suggested to me. The top side effect was weight gain so I decided against it. WIth others taking it here and not having that I may revisit the idea with my dr. I am on alot of pain meds for fibro and ruptured disk. Maybe those could be cut back if I tried lyrica. The disk still hurts some on pain meds so Ill just have to see what he says! Best of luck to you! Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

angeldore
on 10/28/07 2:08 am
I have been on it for about alittle over a month now, I think....anyways, it didnt work right off for me like it did you, you are lucky! BUT, it has started to kick in FINALLY! My days are still not pain free, butt they are alot less painful than before (starting Monday of last week), its been really cool! Good luck to you, I dont think its just a fluke! Hugs back, genlty, ofcourse! Angelic 

mstopgun
on 10/28/07 10:35 pm - Myrtle Beach, SC
Angelic, I have not been completely pain free, but a hell of a lot better.  I would consider my pain level at a 1 compared to the 20 or so that I did have.  It starts to wear off in the mid afternoon and can hardly wait to take another one.  Today is my first day at work since I got the Lyrica, so we will see how long they last while working.  It is like a freezer in my building and the cold really bothers me.  I start taking 2 pills tonight, one at dinner and 1 at bedtime.  Isn't it so nice not to be walking like a cripple and being able to get out of a chair and stand straight up instead of humped over???  So far I'm loving it. Gently hugging and wishing you pain free days. Mary Sue
kootenay
on 10/30/07 1:41 pm - Canada
Lyrica has made my life so much better in lots of small ways!  I haven't experienced the weight gain but I'm still early on.  Only about 1 1/2 months..... I don't think it's a fluke but I understand where you are coming from.  I was surprised at how quickly I felt relief. Good luck and keep us posted. Kootenay

Ask me how I got rid of my keloid scar!

Most Active
Recent Topics