hug

KATHY B.
on 10/25/07 9:44 am - Convoy, OH
i just wanted to come by and say i am sending a gentle hug to all my fibro sisters and brothers. i know the pain all too well, and the feeling of being alone. family and friends don't get it! and you isolate yourselves. i do anyway. it's just easier that way. i can't stand hearing how i should be able to do what they do, and i am lazy or just don't want to do something. i love you all, and i feel your pain. here is a Giant Healing Hug for everyone on here. take care and know i am always here if you need to talk. i have had this for15 years diagnosed, but longer. you know searching for a dr. to listen. love, kath b.

Kathy_SIGGY.gif

angeldore
on 10/26/07 3:28 am
Hi Kathy. I was just talking to my dr the other day about feeling alone in dealing with the daily pain that we as fybro patience have to suffer with. He helped me understand thier side of thing with this comment: 'for them, they are in pain for alittle while, take some meds & they are over it, its done. No more pain. They cant understand what it means to take pain pills & STILL be in pain.' It was then that I totally understood. He was right. I never thought of it that way. It did help me to understand alittle more, even though going this alone still really sucks! I hate this with a passion ANd what do we call it? A disorder, a disease, a condition? How do we put this 'whatever' into words that can help make others who dont know understand? It's tough. Question for you Kathy, what has helped you along the years of your suffering? Are you on any special meds? I am on Lycria, Vicodin & Provigil. I think the Lycria is finally kicking in because the last 2 days have been almost pain free! Thanks for the hugs for those of us in need! Sending one right back at you! Angelic

KATHY B.
on 10/28/07 8:55 am - Convoy, OH
angelic, thanks for the hug. yes i know of how others feel, but through the years i have had to listen to many people thinking i am crazy, so now i just don't care what they think.i use a fentenyl pain patch, change every 72 hours. i am on 25 mgs. but i want to up it to 50. before rny i tried 50 and it made it hard to breathe. but now it seems as if my meds don't really stay in my body long enough. i also have vicoden for breakthrough pain.i don't like it, but allpain meds make me itch so bad till i am on for a long time.i am fortunate that my b.f. bought me a hot tub, and when real bad i have an excellent massage therapist. she works on dying patients mostly so she is very gentle.keep me informed of how the lyrica does will you? i am happy it is helping you.i used to belong to a great fibro group. we were on the forfront. did alot of bringing this to the public. i moved and had a new computer, lost all my info, and as you know fibro fog has set in and i can't remember the name of group. it had so much info.you take care, and here's a healing hug for you. oh. yeah, sometimes sitting in a warm bath of epsom salts helps alot. because of my fibro i also got interstitial cystitis too. it is so much more painful than fibro. but, hope you never have it.there is no cure for it either. i just recently got soc. security disability. but i did it with no lawyer on first try. that is almost unheard of, so i feel like all the work i did trying to bring this disease to forfront helped. and if you need info let me know. take care---hugs---kath b.

Kathy_SIGGY.gif

Most Active
Recent Topics