Got Discogram and CT results today!

Shanana
on 10/24/07 12:17 pm - Altavista, VA
Well I went to the lovely pain doc today! He hadnt told me that I needed  to pick up my films from radiology place. So I ran to get them and came back to wait on him. He knows how inquisitive I am so he asked if I wanted to see the films. There is no disk left in between the L5/S1 joint. I will be referred to an orthopedic surgeon. He asked if I had researched what I may be in for next as I am sure he knew I had. I just simply asked him why he would think that? I am scared of having surgery. Will do what I have to do at this point. I am tired of pain that just keeps gettin worse no matter what I do and sittin still. I did not lose all this weight to be immobile. On a positive note though I dont think I would be this mobile without the weight loss and for that I am grateful for this surgery. Thanks for all your support. Let you know when the appt is when I find out! Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

BabsLISW
on 10/24/07 11:55 pm - Akron, OH
As if the fibro isn't enough, now you have to deal with that. My partner needs surgery on her back but has to stop smoking for 30 days first and she just hasn't. She also is afraid of the back surgery. I hope everything works out well for you and you can find some relief. And you are right. Without the weight loss, mobility would be difficult. Also, the surgery would be much more complicated. Good luck. Sending good thoughts your way!
Barbara

Shanana
on 10/25/07 10:46 am - Altavista, VA
Thanks! I have the smokin battle to tackle myself. Hope i can get some help paying for Chantix, had good luck on it last time and gave up when my back got worse again. So I understand her dilema. I am afraid but called today to talk to my neuro for his opinon, appt on nov 12. Gonna still go see ortho but feel better w/ other opinion too. Thanks again Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

angeldore
on 10/26/07 1:49 am
Dear Shannon. I am so sorry to hear about this! I can't imagine how much pain you must be in. When I was heavy I suffered from horrible back pain, so I can understand alittle, but I so feel fpr you! I will keep you in my thoughts my friend. Angelic

Most Active
Recent Topics