Hello, I am new

Janet H.
on 10/10/07 10:59 pm - Golden Valley, AZ
Hello, I am new to this site, and have fribo for years, along with  rheumatoid arthritis , I am waitting for my Ins, Comp. to aproval my surgery. I   hope with the weight lost that some of the pain will go away, and can get around more Just sitting at the computer kills my lower back,  question does it get better after surgery?

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

BabsLISW
on 10/11/07 3:07 am - Akron, OH
Hi! This is my first time on this forum also. I just happened to see the post on the main board about it. I am only 6 weeks post op and have not had a flare of my fibromyalgia yet. Even right after the surgery, which is unusual. When I had my knees done, I had a terrible time with pain and aching. Losing the weight is sure to help your lower back, though. Good luck. Hope you get approval soon.

Janet H.
on 10/11/07 5:32 am - Golden Valley, AZ
Thanks, Congarts on you surgery,  The main board is where is saw it too, Good luck with your weight lost,

Success begins with wise choices I make,I will not let noncompliance be my mistake, The surgery I had was to assist me in changes. My compliance is for a success long range, So I will think before I decide to cheat. Remember the goals I want to meet. For this surgery is not something I was force to do It was what I wanted for a healthy life!       

Shanana
on 10/11/07 7:14 am - Altavista, VA
Hello and welcome. I recently found this board and knew there had to be others out there that could use support and offer it as well. I had the knots before and it was never diagnosed. I had a period of relief from the pain during the fast weight loss. After all my cushion was gone it flared up. I also was going thru some major changes in my life that could have caused it to be so bad. Stress makes mine so much worse. I also have a herniated disk and other medical problems that make it worse. Welcome, Shannon
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. Thomas Carlyle

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/fibromyalgia/

lowellian
on 10/11/07 10:23 am - OR
Welcome- my 1st time here too! I usually am on Duodenal switch forum as I am post op from DS by 6 mos. I, too, have Rheum arth. and am presently trying to make Orencia infusions work for me! Anyway my Dr. had DS surgery 7 yrs ago and is back to dancing so told me about it. It was a great choice / fit for me as I can eat anything; no barfing; no getting foods caught etc. and don't absorb most of the fats I eat so I won't regain- as I feared I would. Better yet Medicare paid all but about $2ooo of my surgery! It is a "cure" for diabetes- too. I awoke from surgery NORMAL blood sugars and have never gone up.....my lipids panel just came back 110/97/ triglycerides 140!! No high b press meds either-NOTHING! Sounds too good to be true- that's why I feel like I have to tell everyone that suffered like I did.  My RA is still here- but OH SO MUCH improved! check us out & ask away!http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/
Lowellian  * LAB RAT CHARTS  remember to add data!
Most Active
Recent Topics