My Name is Will -- Will Power

Lynn P.
on 9/19/07 12:14 am - Houston, TX

I don't know who wrote this but wanted to share it with everyone. I came across it on another website.

My Name is Will -- Will Power

Good morning Fibromyalgia, my name is Will, Will Power and I would like to introduce my friends Hope, Laughter, Smile and Prayer.

We are the new sheriffs in town and we came to lay down some new law. We decided today we will wake you up instead. I see you sent Ache and Fibrofog already. Prayer and smile is ready to deal with them before they get started.

Oh, I know that they ain't gonna go away right away and it looks like Ache wants to roll all day. That's okay cause Smile can hang with the best of them, and eventually Ache and his crazy friend Pain will just be a memory.

You see Fibromyalgia, what you need to understand is that you attacked the wrong kind of person: A Diva.

You saw her break down after that car wreck and you thought you would just take advantage. Little did you know, Divas bounce back, and they look good bouncing back, too. Yes I will admit, it took her awhile to give us a call, but she sounded the horn and here we are in full force, ready to kick your butt and don't take no prisoners.

Let me further explain, remember when I went to that doctor, and you were laughing so hard you were rolling on the floor? You know the one doctor that really listened to me?

Yeah, I went to a lot of them, but just rememer my name ain't Will Power for nothing. Oh, did I forget to tell you that my middle name is

Determined? While you were so busy laughing you didn't hear the most valuable piece of information he gave me: You can't kill me.

When I finally let that sink in, you see, that is when my friends that I introduced you to earlier came in. That doctor had a friend named Hope also and another friend named Understanding.

Both friends named Hope and Understanding worked with that doctor and I until we found the right combinations to replace the friends you took away.

I know you have Good Sleep, but we put remedy togther that summons Mr. Sandman to appear on command. Energy is here to but in the form of Pace, as in pace myself, and half of the time I get things done without you even kowing it.

Thank you for Exhustion, he is a good reminder of when I need to take time for me without guiilt. Exhaustion taught me how to say "no" to loved ones.

At first Guiilt and Exhuastion used to hang out, however my buddy Prayer put Guilt out. Prayer, Laughter, and I (Will Determined Power) got rid of Low Self-esteem, Depression, and Anxiety. My Buddy Prozac stands guard at the door so they won't come back.

So, let's see where were we? Oh, yeah friends and co-workers didn't understand and grew tired of me at first, however Hope gave them some education. Prayer filtered out the real friends and co-workers that stayed with me and removed the one that didn't. So now I have a support group that love me and look out for my well being.

And my buddy Laugher, is the one that you got to watch out for. He has a friends called Sarcasm, Jokes, and Harmless Pranks that keep us so busy, we don't have too much time to pay attention to you.

Look Fibromyalgia, I know you are going to be here with us, and from what I hear it will be for the rest of our lives, but guess what?

My team Prayer, Smile, Laughter, Sarcasm, Jokes, and Harmless Pranks, are going to give you a run for your money. So bring it on Fibromyalgia, lets see it you can hang with the big dawgs.

Most Active
Recent Topics