New here

Time2StartLiving1107
on 9/7/17 12:34 pm - Avondale, AZ

Hi I'm new here, I had a Vertical Sleeve done in February 2017 and I'm scheduled to have Phase 2 of the DS done on October 9th. I had a few complications with the sleeve dehydration has been one of them. So I'm very nervous about going in for another surgery. I do pretty well with taking all of our vitamins, but I'm a little worried about the rerouting of the intestine. My highest weight was 467 pounds and currently at 364. so I have a long way to go. is there anyone here that can give me any advice or that had their procedure done in two different phases? Please let me know

MajorMom
on 9/7/17 6:24 pm - VA

I want to wish you good luck with your surgery, it was by far the best decision I could have made. I didn't do it in 2 parts but there plenty of folks that have and have had success. Welcome aboard. I'm glad you're here.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Time2StartLiving1107
on 9/7/17 6:35 pm - Avondale, AZ

Thank you so much. I'm a nervous wreck.

nedsmehlp
on 9/7/17 6:37 pm - Hutchinson, KS

Hi! I had the VSG in 2008 and lost 182 lbs. I regained all but 74 lbs of it. In April of this year I revised to the DS. I have lost 58 lbs in 5 months. This was the best decision I have ever made. I have been very blessed because I had a pretty easy time going through this surgery. I have become anemic, but other than that I haven't had a lot of issues. I make sure I take all my vitamins and eat my protein and fat. I eat 5 times a day. Hope this helps. Good Luck! I know you'll be happy you did this.

Time2StartLiving1107
on 9/7/17 7:01 pm - Avondale, AZ

Hi, thank you for you response. Congrats on your weight loss, may I ask you a few questions? How was this surgery compared to your sleeve? About how many vitimains do you take? Is is hard digesting your food? Those are the things I'm most afraid of.

nedsmehlp
on 9/7/17 8:03 pm - Hutchinson, KS

This surgery was a little longer recoup time, but not really a lot of pain. I was just a little weak for a few weeks. But I took 1 or 2 pain pills a day for about 2 weeks after surgery. I had hiatal hernia surgery at the same time, so I actually had 2 surgeries at one time. I was not supposed to lift more than 10 lbs for a couple months and 15 lbs after that, but that was because of my hernia surgery. I was able to get in the shower and wash myself the day I got home from the hospital. I was dusting my house after 3 weeks. I was up walking the day after surgery. I walked a few times a day in the hospital and also when I got out of the hospital. I know that by walking as much as I did right away really helped me get stronger - faster. I take about 14 vitamins per day. At first it was hard, but I got a pattern after a few weeks of taking them and now it is just part of my daily routine. I drink a premiere protein shake every morning (30g of protein). Then I eat 2 eggs and 2 sausage patties for a second breakfast. Then later I eat a slice of ham and 3 bacon. Later I eat cottage cheese or some cheddar cheese. Supper is a meat and if I have room a veggie with veggie dip. At night when I'm watching tv I eat 1/4 cup raw almonds and 1/8 cup sunflower seeds. Sometimes I have KFC original recipe chicken breast. I put mayo on my meat to add fat. On salads I put lots of ranch dressing to help with my fat intake. I was adding in real food a week after surgery. I never had any problem eating and digesting food. I think that might be because I already had the VSG. I tend to get constipated when I don't get enough fat. I think I was more gassy after my VSG than I am with the DS. I've never had an accident in the poop department! I hope this answers some of your questions, please feel free to ask me anything. I am sooooo happy I had this surgery!!!!! I only wish I had done it years ago.

Valerie G.
on 9/8/17 7:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If they're not touching your stomach for this revision, you should have no problems with dehydration this round, because your capacity should enable you to get in your oz minimum without any issue today, right?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Time2StartLiving1107
on 9/8/17 7:12 am - Avondale, AZ

They aren't doing anything to my stomach ( I don't think) I think it's just like doing a bypass and I hope I don't have those issues again. I still struggle with my water intake.

Valerie G.
on 9/8/17 7:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Keep working on it then, and anything wet counts.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Time2StartLiving1107
on 9/8/17 7:16 am - Avondale, AZ

Thanks, I will :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 714 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1020 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 341 views