I had VSG And I'm up 50lbs should I have Bypass the rest of renal switch?

sexyjojo56
on 1/24/17 8:11 pm

Helpð??... do I have to have more surgery. I don't want to get big again I'm out of control.

MajorMom
on 1/25/17 2:00 am - VA

Welcome! I've seen a lot of folks that can't keep the weight off long term with just the VSG. Many opt to go the next step and have the duodenal switch. Most are quite successful if they are able to follow the vitamin regimen and stay fairly low carb. Wishing you all the best with your decisions.

--gina 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

larra
on 1/25/17 9:30 am - bay area, CA

You posted essentially the same question earlier this month. Bottom line, your options are to either have more surgery, or to stick to a low calorie, low carb, low fat diet. Since the sleeve works entirely via restriction, whatever calories you consume are absorbed just as though you didn't have the sleeve. It helps only by limiting the amount you can eat at one time.

That's why we see more people struggling with sleeves and considering more surgery every week. It's not a happy thought. I don't blame you for dreading the thought of having another operation. But there are really no other options besides that or a permanent diet.

Larra

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views