Friends on MyFitnessPal?

Felicity Q.
on 9/18/15 5:51 pm
DS on 09/28/15

Hi!

Any DS'ers interested in being 'friends' on MyFitnessPal and would be willing to make your food journal viewable by friends?  I have spent most of my pre-surgery time getting ready for the RNY, and I would love to see what people are logging.  Here is the link to my profile:  Felicity's MFP Profile

Of course, seeing the Bites, Vites, and Exercites threads daily is a huge help, and once I start eating after surgery, I will surely post there!

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

PattyL
on 9/19/15 2:53 pm

Good idea!  I wouldn't be any help to you because I use it only as an activity tracker.  But I'm sure others will come along!

PeteA
on 9/19/15 4:04 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Hi Felicity,

I'm not sure I would be a good match for what you are looking for but we can try it out if you want.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/peteapostl

I'm just starting to learn the ins and outs of MFP - I started after seeing how people liked it on FB. I'm 2.5 years out and looking to lose another 20 lbs. 206 as of this morning. I'm down about 250 overall. 

So my diet and exercise will be pretty different from what you will be dealing with post-op but it might help some. Think about it. I left the link to my profile above.

I've been using the MapMyRide app that automatically connects to MFP for my outdoor biking.
There are also some MFP hacks that I'll get around to posting that I got from Lisa Lauenberg on FB. They allow you to account for the malabsorption via custom exercises. I'll list those another time. At 2.5 years I'm not sure just how much to use in my case.

The DS makes this not an exact tool but I like it so far.   

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 552 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 940 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 316 views