Head catching up with body!!!

south2north
on 7/30/15 9:33 am
DS on 11/19/14

I had a big party last weekend, as each guest came in they kept making comments about how great I look. Of course I was appreciative, but I still have a hard time seeing my progress for myself. I had the DS 8 months ago, i have lost 106 pounds and I still have 83 pounds to go.  I think I am dwelling more on the 83 pounds to go, than the 106 lost!  I guess this is what they mean when they say it is just as much mental as it is physical!  For now I'll have to trust the comments of the people around me until my head catches up with my body.

Kathy S.
on 7/30/15 11:39 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Valerie G.
on 7/31/15 4:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It really takes time to see those changes.  For me, I could see the difference much better in photographs than in the mirror.  Oh, and give up on that dream of looking perfect without plastics.  Once I lost all of my weight, I then was disappointed with the flabbiness of it all and that my time for bikini's came and went without me.  I'm at peace with it, though, so it's all good for me.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

south2north
on 7/31/15 8:05 am
DS on 11/19/14

I think that it's uncomfortable when people say "oh my gosh you look so thin" and at 5'2" I still weigh 219!!! I guess I do look thin compared to 5'2" and 325!!!!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/15 4:30 pm

Congratulations. It sounds like you're doing great!

PeteA
on 8/1/15 9:15 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

You're doing great. I think it is hard to judge where you are from where you were without some effort. In some ways I am always looking around judging if there is room for me to fit, how sturdy are the chairs. Doing clothes buying in sizes that are too big but sometimes..... you just are what you are. Pick up a large instead of a 2xl and knowing it is the right size. Just sitting on patio furniture without gauging how sturdy it is. These things can change over time it just doesn't happen all at once. At least for me.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

jashley
on 8/6/15 8:19 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Wow, you have come such a long way.  You are doing great. 

The mind will slowly adjust over time.  I went from a 2X to a Medium, and I still prefer to float in my shirts.  It was really hard for me to finally give those 2X office clothes away also.  Funny how our minds take time to adjust to the new reality of who we are and where we fit.

Keep up the good work.  I look forward to hearing about you reaching goal.

And yea, give up on the bikini at the beach pose.  That hit me also.  I have this flap in the front, like a flat tire.  I think about plastics, but it just isn't worth it to me now.  I'm happy just being little me for the moment.

Merritt343
on 8/18/15 9:24 am

I 100% AGREE WITH YOU! It freaks me out when people freak out because to me i look and feel really no different. it's been 8 months since surgery and all i still see is my big belly and legs. i know sensibly I must look different but i don't really feel it and i think it is because the weight loss is happening and I am not really working all that hard for it. i excercise once or twice a week and of course my eating habits have changed but it just hasn't been that hard, so maybe its because we didn't EARN it that we don't recognize it? i went from a 32 to an 16 so far and I am still losing, so i know i must be changing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 433 views