7 month update!!

south2north
on 6/19/15 5:28 am
DS on 11/19/14

Today is my 7 month surgiversary!! I can't believe it has been this long already? Here are my stats...

98 lbs. LOST, 91 lbs. to go...BMI has gone from 59.4 to 41.5!

When I started this journey, I would lay in bed and make myself envision or dream of where I'd be further down the road. My constant vision was that I was down 100 pounds on the night my youngest son graduated from middle school. I was only 2 pounds off! In my mind I looked way better than I actually do, but I'm still 91 pounds overweight!! However, I walked from the parking lot over to the visitor side of the football field, up to the top of the bleachers and wasn't out of breath or physically hurting. The average person would not understand how incredibly difficult that used to be. I would have had to stop, usually pretending that I had to tie my shoe or something, just to catch my breath or let the cramps in my body dissipate. To me this was far more of a victory than getting down those 2 last pounds!

So onward and downward! My resolve is just as strong, if not stronger, than when I started!

Sumundo311
on 6/18/15 10:54 pm, edited 6/18/15 10:54 pm - Saskatoon, Canada

Congrats, that is wonderful, keep enjoying the journey.

Susan C

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

Kristic K.
on 6/19/15 6:21 am - AZ
DS on 04/17/12

I remember those times too.  Pretending I had to stop to blow my nose, or text or anything I could think of as to not embarrass myself that I couldn't make it all the way without stopping.  Even at my goal weight, I still have that second of "oh no, what if this chair will break if I sit in it".  I don't think it ever goes away, and unless someone has been where we were, they will NEVER understand.  The DS has saved my life, but I will always be a food addict, and that's another thing people don't understand.  They try to get me to eat cake on birthdays, or other high carb foods.  They say "You don't need to worry anymore, you are too thin already", but it would be too easy to go back to my old ways.  I WILL NOT allow myself to go there again.  At least because of the DS, if I eat too high in carb foods, I get sick.  I don't regret my decision for the DS revision at all, not even for a moment.  Not even those moments I'm in the bathroom for 4 hours straight because I couldn't resist that piece of pie.  I'm happy I get sick, because maybe it will prevent me from eating the next piece of pie that comes my way.

Congratulations on your success so far.  keep up the great work!!  

PeteA
on 6/19/15 6:23 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congrats!!! It can be those little things that you can now do without either breaking into a sweat or running out of breath that really make the point of how far you've come.  

AngelnChains
on 6/19/15 1:44 pm
DS on 11/17/14

Woohoo! thats awesome :) keep up the good work, you got this 

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/15 10:19 pm

Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1211 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 502 views