Eating till satisfied rather than full

Pianolover
on 3/20/15 4:06 am

I just had surgery last week. I know the idea with eating is to eat until hunger is satisfied rather than eating to feel full. However, I can count on one hand then number of times I've felt physically hungry in this past 1.5 weeks since surgery. I guess I don't know how to know how much is too much if I don't feel the hunger/satisfied feelings now. Will a feeling of fullness start to happen once I transition to something other than clear liquids? Any experiences with this?

HW: 291 --- SW (3/10/15): 264 --- CW (12/31/15) 153

PattyL
on 3/20/15 4:46 am

This is normal.  Many people report never feeling hungry for up to a year postop.  But it doesn't last forever.  Right now your big deal should be staying hydrated.  Have a drink in your hand all the time.

Crazeru
on 3/20/15 4:48 am

Make up a batch of Val's Ricotta Fluff and eat a tablespoon or two every hour.  That will put some food on your tummy and it's all protein.  Remember to keep sip, sip, sip.  You need to get in 64oz of water everyday.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Valerie G.
on 3/21/15 9:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It will hit you like a ton of bricks...in your stomach!  It's amazing how just a bite or two makes the differece between satiety and misery.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PeteA
on 3/23/15 5:06 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

It took me quite a while (6 months?) before I even started to get a handle on when I was full.

I would always take that next spoonful and then my nose would run and my stomach would hurt. 
I eventually decided to just measure the amount I knew was acceptable ( 3 t o4 oz ) and just leave it at that. It eventually comes back.

Pete

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 871 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1114 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 385 views