turtles - yum

jashley
on 7/1/14 1:16 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Not the kind with 4 legs.  The candy type.  I made these and it has been a nice treat.

Roast your nuts, warming them but only till you smell them.  Pull them out quickly - you don't want to burn them.

Melt good quality chocolate with heavy cream.  I use 60% cocoa or more.  Don't add sugar to this.  I use the microwave.

Pour the melted chocolate over the roasted nuts.  You can put a little caramel on the nuts before you pour the chocolate on, but I usually don't.  The chocolate and nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds) are enough. 

Shake sea salt on top while it's still warm.  Let it cool, then put in the freezer.  Break off a piece for a treat once in a while.

Irishnurse
on 7/1/14 4:13 pm
DS on 04/17/13

Sounds delicious! 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Huneypie
on 7/2/14 2:23 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I'm trying to figure this out.  Do you use a really tiny amount of cream with the chocolate?  I can see it being a runny mess if I get the ratios wrong.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

jashley
on 7/2/14 10:48 am
DS on 12/19/12

Good question. 

I have used a little, and I have used a lot.  I've never had a mess because I keep them in the frig - or usually keep it in the freezer.  I don't eat it that often that I would leave it on the counter.

When I plan to make it for others, and it will be part of a spread, I melt the chips gently and add no more than 2 tbs of cream per cup of chocolate.  That way the chocolate sets up hard again at air temps.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 983 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 446 views