Revision from RNY to DS

PRETTE84
on 6/4/14 10:43 pm - ROSEDALE, NY

Hi Valerie 

thanks for the info. I appreciate it

poet_kelly
on 6/4/14 10:00 pm - OH

Wow.  If he really thinks a revision to DS is not possible, he needs to go back to medical school.  He's probably not qualified to do such a revision himself, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PRETTE84
on 6/4/14 10:28 pm - ROSEDALE, NY

Hey Poet_kelly

i think my doctor is just trying to discourage me from doing a revision. I had no complications during surgery or after. I have no medical conditions. Did you have a revision?

poet_kelly
on 6/4/14 10:29 pm - OH

No, I haven't had a revision.

Lying to a patient, telling them a procedure is not possible when it is, is highly unethical.  If he wanted to discourage you, he should have simply said it was possible but he recommended against it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PRETTE84
on 6/4/14 10:39 pm - ROSEDALE, NY

So true, I'm just gonna my medical records from him and that's it. Bcuz I had bypass 4 yrs ago and everytime I go to the we talk for min and that's it. Even though I tell him I'm gaining weight rapidly. He never examines or anything is that normal.

KarenRW
on 6/7/14 5:37 am - Stockton, CA

Prette, I need your FB name to invite you to our group. There are actually several DS groups, but the one that I really like is called Duodenal Switch and WLS Friends. So if you come on FB and you search for that name you can ask to join. You will find out really good information and not from those on OH who do not know what they are talking about. Just a suggestion. Talk to you soon.

All the best to all of you.

Karen     

PRETTE84
on 6/7/14 6:25 am - ROSEDALE, NY

Hey Karen I'm in a DS group on FB but I'm trying to find a group for ppl that had gastric bypass and revised to DS. I'm trying to find ppl to share there experiences about having RNY and then revising to DS. But it's difficult to actually find ppl that had that done.

my name on Facebook is Dinneal Mcleod

larra
on 6/7/14 12:58 pm - bay area, CA

How sad that a bariatric surgeon either didn't know that RNY can often be revised successfully to DS or chose to lie to you. It has to be one or the other, we just don't know which. Sad either way.

There are definitely people who have revised from RNY to Ds, so clearly it CAN be done. Not easy, and higher risk that a virgin DS, but possible. Because it's a complex and challenging surgery, there are not many surgeons that do it - but that doesn't mean it isn't possible, as you were told. Actually, I think even more people would get it done if they could get insurance coverage for it. Get your medical records and have a consult with Dr. Roslin.

Larra

PRETTE84
on 6/9/14 4:20 am - ROSEDALE, NY

Hey larra

Thanks for your response😊It's feels so good to know that ppl can relate and to have someone respond to your post feels so good. I will definitely get my medical a records but I must say I'm very nervous and scared just thinking about doing a revision.

Robin1222
on 6/9/14 3:27 am - Leominster, MA
I am working with DR. Roslin and hope to have surgery soon. He is great at what he does. I have a complicated case and I hope to come through easily but I'm scheduled for 8-10 days with no complication. Call your insurance and make sure they cover your second surgery. I'm not sure where u live but I believe at Columbia they have another Dr. Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 584 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 959 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 326 views