2 week post op

msstaceya
on 5/9/14 10:14 am - Orlando, FL

I am recovering pretty good.  Surgery went well.  I hardly have any pain. My question is what kinda foods did u guys eat after the clear liquid diet?? I'm like 2 weeks post op and sick of broth and jello and pudding. ..I want sum meat!!!

dustycroy
on 5/9/14 12:14 pm
DS on 05/14/13
I was a shrimp ****tail girl...... three large or maybe four if I was really lucky. It took a few weeks. Cheese, an greek yogurt are awesome, I still reley on them. That's it! pure protein makes me want to up chuck. At almost a year out next wendsday, I can eat more, but once I hit that point, Im nauseated, and might even have to spit out the bite that Im chewing....... Don't worry, you'll find what suits you..... every one does, but everone is different to...GOOD LUCK!

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

msstaceya
on 5/9/14 12:18 pm - Orlando, FL

So at 2 weeks post op can I have real food

dustycroy
on 5/9/14 1:57 pm
DS on 05/14/13
Everyone is. different....every Dr. has their own requirments. To be honest at two weeks I was still eating cream cambells soups. I also have a "nutrabullet" and use it daily for my protein drinks. I also used it to puree cambells green pea soup and bean with bacon soup in my nutrabullet. The beans and peas are a good source of protein. I love that thing... everything comes out smooth as a whistle.... you'll know instinctively when its time to take it up a notch, Just try a couple of bites... your new sleeve will let you know. start slow....

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

msstaceya
on 5/9/14 2:37 pm - Orlando, FL

Thanks

Sandiv
on 5/10/14 4:54 am

I'm struggling too, except everything makes me nausea. My dr keeps us on puréed foods for 4 weeks, I'm reallllly struggling. I've spent $100's in protein shakes, they all have that same nasty aftertaste that makes me want to puke. As far as puréed foods cottage cheese, ricotta cheese yogurt, eggs, I made tuna salad blended w a bit of lt mayo so now so dry, applesauce, baby food fruits and veggies, egg salad, retried beans, soups,etc. I'm just having a hard time cause nothing sounds good and makes me feel sick! 

Whats are your dr requirements? Mine has a pretty clear schedule. First 4 weeks 2 ounces at breakfast, lunch, dinner supplement with protein shakes

beargriff
on 5/10/14 5:55 am

I found crab salad , real or fake mushed really well went down well and sat well,  I was also a shrimp fan  seafod on a whole sat well from the beginning...  

PeteA
on 5/10/14 11:31 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

At 2 weeks I was just starting some puree foods. I pureed a lot of chicken with a little broth, 
I also did cottage cheese, strained cream soups, yogurt.

Valerie G.
on 5/11/14 6:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you're released to eat regular food, stick first to things soft enough to mush with a fork (you don't have to mush them first, you just want to base tenderness on that).  You want nice tender food that is good and moist.  If you venture to chicken, go for thigh meat rather than chicken breast.  Look to pot roasts and slow cooked meats.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 715 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1020 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 342 views