7 years...........

jinjer
on 12/19/13 10:20 pm - Eastwood, KY

So, I let my surgiversary slip by!! 8 days ago, on the 12th, I reached the 7 year milestone!!  I have lost and kept off more than 120lbs!!!  I have had plastic surgery in 2009, with a BA revision. I take my vitamins regularly, have my labs done every year, have my yearly visit (via phone). I have had no major problems.  I do have osteoporosis, but we feel that is more related to menopause than the surgery. I have had treatment for that and am holding steady with no more bone loss and minimal gain. I have had 1 iron infusion.  Other than that, my life is very normal now.  I am forever grateful for the DS, for Dr. Dennis Smith and everyone on here that has supported me through all of this. 

Best wishes to all the newbies!!! Just follow the rules and it all works!!!

Jinjer

Huneypie
on 12/20/13 12:48 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Congrats.  I hope you get the osteoporosis under control.  Majormom had it and she managed to reverse so it is possible with the right treatment (she did lots of vitamin D, K2 and calcium).

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MajorMom
on 12/20/13 12:56 am - VA

Happy surgiversary!!  : )

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

NoreenRT
on 12/20/13 9:36 am, edited 12/20/13 9:37 am - Warner Robins, GA

Happy surgiversary to you! Thanks for coming back to post. Love your last sentence. It is so true, yet many wonder why things aren't working out for them when they get further down the road.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

jashley
on 12/21/13 9:27 am
DS on 12/19/12

Thanks for posting.  It's great to hear from people further down the road who are doing great, getting labs once a year, and keeping the weight off.

Happy surgiversary! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 983 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 446 views