Take a look at me now........

twodelight
on 9/17/13 2:39 am - Atlanta, GA

Saturday I celebrated my 3rd year post WLS.  I come to these boards everyday to read inspiring stories and gain a wealth of information.  For that I thank you and keep up the good work.  We are all in this together.  It has been an amazing journey.  I have managed to lose 160lbs and maintain that weight loss give or take a few pounds during that time of the month (TMI). I weigh now anywhere between 158-163 which is a good weight for me on my 5'5" frame.  I eat anything I want with caution.  I'm single and on those days I really want something, I go for it and deal with the gas repercussions by myself.  I have learned how to control what I can and can not eat when I travel or be around friends.  Don't get me wrong, it took a while to get there and I manage. In the beginning stages of my journey I marveled at all the success stories wondering will that ever be me and 3 years later it is me.  I still look in the mirror and don't recognize the reflection.  I went from a size 28 to a size 6-8-10 (depending on material).  I can't remember in my life wearing a single digit size or anything small.  I still get mad at myself for even buying a medium sometimes because I know it won't fit.  (Good problem to have).  To those considering this surgery, you  have made the right decision.  Keep connected to these boards to get questions answered and encouragement.  I think that is a key to my success.  There is always somebody going through the same thing as me and I look to these boards to help me find the answers.  To all my unsung heros THANK YOU!!!!!!  I posted pictures on my profile and will attempt to do it here.  Take a look at me now...........

Huneypie
on 9/17/13 2:43 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Wow, looking good!!  Congrats!! :-D

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

ajrober2
on 9/17/13 4:35 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

Congrats!!!  That's good to hear!  I always love hearing from new post ops and those who are a few years post op. 

Nancy T.
on 9/17/13 5:44 am
DS on 07/16/13

You are an inspiration!  Congrats on your achievement!

MajorMom
on 9/17/13 7:26 am - VA

Happy surgiversary!! You've done a great job.  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Irishnurse
on 9/17/13 8:45 am
DS on 04/17/13

Just GORGEOUS! KEEP IT UP!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

SharonG
on 9/17/13 8:55 am - Arlington, VA

Beautiful lady!  Congrats on your success!

jashley
on 9/17/13 9:30 am
DS on 12/19/12

Thank you for coming back and posting.  It's nice to see people doing better a couple of years out.

A_Whole_New_Me
on 9/17/13 12:50 pm

You look fabulous! It's great to see you doing so well at 3 yrs out.

I love your sense of style, too!

Tricia

milesfos
on 9/18/13 1:57 am
DS on 12/04/12

LOOKING GOOD SISTER

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 923 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1144 views