Small Victory

2ndChance2k13
on 7/30/13 12:24 pm
DS on 07/08/13

Today, I returned to work.  I am clearly seeing that success is completely contingent on how well I plan for my meals.  My goal is to leave here daily with everything I need to navigate the day.

I am so happy to share that today  I overcame a big test.  My boss wanted to take a group of us to lunch at Logan's Roadhouse. They serve peanuts and hot rolls with butter freely.  Can you believe that I did not have ANY?  If you're not a carb addict like myself, you may not get why it really matters but, for me, it does.  Also, although I was dying of thirst in this Texas heat, I let my unsweetened tea sit there and took it to go so as not to eat and drink simultaneously.

My boss tried to get me to take the rolls and butter with me but, I declined.  When I just stated that I was trying to cut down on carbs and hadn't had any bread, she said... "I noticed!".  It was hilarious really because she was clearly perplexed.

I pray that I continue to have the fortitude that I had today.  I need it to have the success I want to have.  I am grateful for this small victory.

Revision to DS from RNY on 7/8/13 - HW 493/SW 483/CW 383

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 7/30/13 12:58 pm, edited 7/30/13 1:00 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Congrats! Wow, that is awesome! There's a restaurant here that serves AMAZING garlic balls. I must eat 10-15 of them. No lie!! Aah, I love bread.

But knowing that bread will make me uncomfortable and that it will slow down my weight loss is (hopefully) enough to help me avoid it. To help, I'm not planning on going anywhere near C&O Trattoria for a very long time. LOL  

Thanks for your post. You give fellow carb addicts hope!! :)

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Irishnurse
on 7/30/13 2:52 pm
DS on 04/17/13

See, It is all doable! Congrats!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

dustycroy
on 7/30/13 3:17 pm
DS on 05/14/13

You made great! choices....cheers to you...

enlightened HW 372 SW 350 CW 185 GW 150 Lost 187 so far....

fullhousemom
on 7/30/13 10:45 pm

Congrats!  Once you stop eating all that whit bread/carbs, I think your body naturally stops craving it.  I eat very little "white" anything any more, and find I survive just fine without it.   

hollykim
on 7/31/13 12:45 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
I would really like to read your posts But the cursive the font size and colored type make it extremely difficult for old eyes. Sorry.

2renee
on 7/31/13 12:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

Good for you for making good choices.  I really found it helped me to start saying that bread didn't agree with my tummy these days instead of "I can't have any"  This way I focused on choosing foods that would make me feel good instead of reaking havoc on my innards and I didn't feel deprived because I couldn't eat it.  

It's true that the less you eat of the carby white stuff, the less you want it and really after a while, it doesn't even taste good - most of the time...

Congratulations on your victory.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 862 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1110 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 373 views