Having a Pep Rally

2ndChance2k13
on 7/27/13 1:16 am
DS on 07/08/13

Yesterday, I went to my "First Thought" class at my doctor's office.  The purpose is to basically make sure that you are mentally and emotionally doing what's needed to continue oN track or have the tools to get back there if you get off.  I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Anyway, I could not resist not stepping onto the scale as I passed by and was happy to find that on Day 18, I've lost 31.2 lbs.  Of course, I wanted it to say 100, LOL... BUT, I am grateful for progress.

Still, when I look in the mirror I look the same.  When you are a heavy weight, the visual is hard and it's the lack of visual confirmation and feeling like I wasn't making any progress that got me off track the first time around.

So, this morning, on a whim, I pulled several pair of pants from my closet that I have not worn for at least a year, some two or more, because they were too small.  I was skeptical and a little scared of disappointment, honestly but decided, "What the heck?".  I am happy to share that I could wear all but, one!  What a blessing!  Whoo hoo!!

So, I am cheering for myself and you this morning.  "GO!", "WE CAN DO IT!",  "WE WILL WIN!", "VICTORY IS OURS!"

I just wanted to encourage others who may not be "seeing" a change in the mirror to conduct your own experiment.  Pep Rallies for ALL!!

Revision to DS from RNY on 7/8/13 - HW 493/SW 483/CW 383

fullhousemom
on 7/27/13 2:23 am

Great for you!

I, too, found many instances that showed no victories from the mirror or the scale.  But I would try on my old clothes and knew that my DS was working.  I had many sizes in my closet (and stored in bins in my basement).  I would set aside the "next" size that I would be wearing only to find that I would try them on later, and they would be too big.

I spent a lot of time trying on clothes back then.  I so much enjoyed getting rid of so much stuff.  

1MoreChance
on 7/27/13 3:22 am - AL
That's great! It is a good feeling isn't it?! Pretty soon those will be too big for you!

Ronnie HW~205/SW~191/CW~119/GW~120-115

2ndChance2k13
on 7/27/13 7:53 am
DS on 07/08/13

Gosh!  I certainly hope so!

sonyamarie75
on 7/27/13 3:39 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Wow! That is SO awesome!!!!

Congrats!

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

SHFT_2
on 7/27/13 3:54 am - Grand Rapids, MI

Thank you so much for sharing and congrats on the weight loss. Hearing about your loss is exactly what I needed 2 days before I have surgery.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

2ndChance2k13
on 7/27/13 7:54 am
DS on 07/08/13

I am excited for you!  Make sure you have everything you need and then, relax and prepare for some temporary discomfort.  It WILL get better.

PeteA
on 7/27/13 7:06 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Thanks for sharing. The mental image is a hard nut to crack. My friends and family can see the changes better than I can. For me clothes are the best indicator. I too look in the mirror and see the same me. I'm looking forward to the day I look in the mirror and wonder who the heck is that......IT's funny though. When I see a picture from near my high weight vs a current picture I can see the difference. Not that I'm thin but thinner than I was. Maybe I need the old picture on my mirror...

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

2ndChance2k13
on 7/27/13 7:51 am
DS on 07/08/13

That is something the counselor suggested yesterday.  She also suggested having the old image of yourself in your car visor so, if you're tempted to take a fast option that's not healthy, you can look at that picture before you make a bad choice.  

S Andrews
on 7/28/13 1:52 am - eatonville, WA

It is hard to wrap your head around it all. There are many times I don't feel much different but this morning I put on some clothes I had been waiting to get into and they litteraly fell off of me. I had just gone thru my closet last week and was sure these couple of things might be too small still but I was wrong - they were way to big . That's  when it really sinks in that the pounds are coming off. I still have a long way to go but am happy with my 54 lb loss so far. Keep up the good work and you will be right where you want to be in no time!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 717 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1024 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 343 views