Tomorrow

sonyamarie75
on 7/2/13 1:24 pm - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Last meeting with the NUT at 930AM and then they are submitting to my insurance tomorrow and I get a date. The finance lady said they usually get their answer the same day. Wish me luck! ( I am so anxious you would think the actual surgery is tomorrow!!! ) Say some prayers insurance doesn't say something dumb like my BMI is too low.  I would be devastated if my plans were curtailed due to an insurance decision this late in the game. 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

its-killen-me
on 7/2/13 5:12 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Good luck Sonyamarie.

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
MajorMom
on 7/2/13 7:22 pm - VA

Swinging lizards for approved coverage and a quick turnaround.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

SHFT_2
on 7/2/13 8:55 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

Good Luck! I found out my surgery date a week after they submitted it to my insurance. I'm counting down the days now. Getting more anxious, nervous, excited, and scared every day. 26 Days!

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

woodkd
on 7/3/13 1:47 am
DS on 06/19/13
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
sonyamarie75
on 7/3/13 3:14 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

Soooo... they are not submitting today. Remember how I said I called the financial person last week to see if my psych eval was back? She told me that the recommendation was just that I lose weight before surgery - which I have. I asked if there was a number I had to hit and was told no. So, apparently the dieticians had to call for the number and I am still 6 lbs away. MF!!!

I very politely (amazingly enough) said that it would be nice to have known the target number 3 months ago when I did my psych eval (in April). They stated they just got it last week and didn't know. I believe that. Still not my fault. If you have a goal for me to hit you have to give it to me before the due date. LOL.

So now, when I've lost 6 more pounds, I have to have a MD sign off that I actually lost the weight, then fax it over to them, THEN they will submit to my insurance. Mind you, this is not an insurance requirement. But they won't submit until then. I'm feeling grumpy, but in the scheme of things, what is another couple of weeks, right? THEN  I have to keep it off until my preop appt. Losing weight (not too bad. Keeping it off? I suck at that!)

I'm trying to be positive but I'm cranky. At least they aren't going to make me drive back just to get weighed because originally they told me it had to be on THEIR scale and they are an hour away. I talked them into getting documentation from on of the docs in the office I work in to save me some gas and they were agreeable.

SHFT_2
on 7/4/13 12:51 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I can't believe the person who did your psych eval dictated how much weight you should lose BEFORE surgery. I would be furious!! I'm heavier than you and my psych eval guy said nothing about pre-surgery weight loss. That should be up to your surgeon.

My surgeon did tell me to lose as much as possible before but he would not set a number because then insurance wouldn't approve it until I hit that number. He expects I'll lose 15 pounds ish on the 2 week pre-op diet when they start me on it the 12th and he said 15 pounds before that would be good enough. I've lost 10 of that 15 already so I should be good. He didn't even seem to think it was a big deal if I didn't lose all of this but said it would make the surgery go much smoother so I'm doing my best to get it all off.

I wish you a speedy weight loss so you can get the insurance part of everything taken care of and move on with the process.

I have friends in Toledo and I live in Michigan. I was wondering how far are you having to travel for all of this. I'm so lucky so live 10mins from my Surgeons office and work at the hospital where I'll be having surgery.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

LadyLucky
on 7/3/13 10:05 am - KS
Oh goodness! I might have lost it. But you can do this! Just six pounds and then staying on trac****il your big day. You HAVE to do this and you WILL. Hang in there and keep us posted.
sonyamarie75
on 7/3/13 12:39 pm - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

I thought I was going to cry.

I felt a lot like I failed at a challenge or criteria I was supposed  meet except I didn't know it. 

I am pretty competitive. If I would have known there was a number I would have beat it with a few pounds for cushion. 

So like I said, I felt like I failed or kind of felt guilty, like I wasn't good enough.....  Ashamed. 

Instead I have focusing on losing pounds I've been working getting my protein up (still eating good carbs). I haven't been losing very fast. I mean, my intention was still to lose, but I wanted to try to eat more like I would eat with the DS. 

It doesn't matter. Its a minor delay and who knows? Maybe it will work out even better than if I had gotten my DS this month....

Six pounds isn't that much..... :(

LadyLucky
on 7/3/13 1:18 pm - KS
Yep, there has to be a reason it didn't happen at this exact time. You may never know why but that's the way the world works. But I still would have cried. Ha! Back to the low fat, low carb, low everything diets for a bit. Then it's all DS after that. You don't have far to go at all. Keep focused on the goal and keep posting here. Venting just feels good.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 434 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 881 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 295 views