Celebrating the Century Mark!

Corbin Y.
on 6/27/13 5:53 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

I went to Florida for 6 days, my first flight since the surgery.  I was SO disappointed that I still needed a seatbelt extender when I got on the plane.  6 days later, when I got on for the return flight, the seat belt fit easily, no extender needed.  Turns out I lost 5 more pounds in those 6 days, which has officially pushed the needle over the century mark.  I have lost 101 pounds since I started this process last July, and 61 since my surgery in March!   Spent a few days in Florida shopping for clothes that fit off the rack from Wal Mart and Target - no more Casual male Big and Tall shops needed! It's been a difficult journey, but it is exciting to reach these milestones!  

mdehart_ames
on 6/27/13 7:12 am - WA
DS on 06/11/13

Good for you! I absolutely can't wait to lose 100lbs and to shop in a "regular" store

MajorMom
on 6/27/13 7:37 am - VA

Congratulations!!!  broken heart

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

leanmama
on 6/27/13 8:09 am - St Louis , MO
DS on 03/26/13

Any flight problems.  I am scared to death to get stuck having to use the BR on the plane and stick up the entire plane or worse have an accident.  I want to go to Florida in Sept. ( I will be 6 months post op. ) for a big family reunion, my auntie is turning 100 years young.  I would hate to miss it and I am already stressing over it.  How will I get around the air port, change flights, use facilities.  Yikes I am becoming home bound worse since DS OR than before due to mobility issues.  Now I have BR issues. Help calm my fears.  I have not flown since I did missionary nursing in Bolivia 30+ years ago.   

Corbin Y.
on 6/27/13 9:38 am - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

It wasn't easy.  Going there, I was having a case of 'rhea, so I took some Immodium, and didn't eat anything prior to the morning flight, having my protein ready to eat when they are passing out snack on Jet Blue.  I had no problems, and was grateful for the minor miracle.  On the return flight, I got bolder, and had a burger (no bun) an hour before the flight.  Partway through the flight, they closed two of the bathrooms, leaving only one.  I went once to pee, but didn't dare try anything from the Dark Side - I didn't want to stink everyone out of their only facility!  My tummy boiled and rolled until we made it back to NYC, and I  made a beeline for the nearest restroom to let loose.  My advice, if flying, avoid all foods just before you fly, and bring food you know is safe aboard you can eat when you are getting near your destination.  Good luck!

jashley
on 6/27/13 12:31 pm
DS on 12/19/12

Immodium is your best friend.  Also, a little canister of Ozium will let you do the dark thing anywhere.  That spray will kill the smell of a musk ox.

Congrats on your achievement.  It's huge!

fullhousemom
on 6/27/13 9:43 pm
I flew at three weeks out and again at 5 months out. I still worry about "issues" with flying at 1 1/2 years out! I think the key for me is to be very compliant with a DS diet for the couple of days before flying and to make sure I am taking my vites. Its amazing what a couple of days of missed calcium can do to my bowels. If I am compliant, then there are no problems. I have flown six times since surgery without issues.
Irishnurse
on 6/28/13 2:12 am
DS on 04/17/13

Congrats!!!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 717 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1024 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 343 views