To people who have messaged me here on OH

beemerbeeper
on 3/30/13 2:41 am - AL

For some reason the system or my computer will not allow me to answer messages.  But the messages I have received should just be posts here because there are a lot of people who would be able to answer your questions, not just me.

As for how I lost the regain and jeans size?  I just went back to basics.  I didn't count anything I just chose to eat protein as much as possible and stayed as far away from any type of carb as I could.  Of course I was not 100% perfect but I did well enough to loose the weight.

I didn't eat any simple carbs.  Bread on a fast food sandwich got thrown away.  I would go inside to order and throw the bread away on my way out of the restaurant.  I lived on protein.  Bacon and eggs...no limit.  There is no reason to limit protein at all.

I ate as many kinds of meat as I could.  Atkins meals are a real help too.  I ate Atkins bars but any protein bar would work as long as it was low carb.

I ate cheese.  Full fat yogurt.  I am addicted to Splenda which may kill me but keeps me away from the carbs. I got serious about getting my water in and continued my small exercise program (1.5 mile walk a day plus active dog training).

It just wasn't hard.  Occaisionally I would screw up and buy and eat a bag of candy but I often would get mad and throw it away before I finished it.  I have a bag of candy now and I am going to go throw the whole bag away in the outside dumpster.

Eat TONS of protein.  You can't get too much.  If you like to supplement protein with coffee or shakes do it.

Drink more water.  More than you think you need.

Post on the Bites and Vites thread to become accountable.

Look for new ideas for things to fix:  Brok's pizza, whoopsie bread, egg and bacon and sausage casserole (I need to make one of these this weekend).  Read back old posts here on OH and look for threads that speak to ideas of what to eat or recipes.  Look at low carb recipe sites.

The more OPTIONS you have readily available of no/low carb things the easier it will be to stay away from the carbs.  I just try not to bring carbs home.

Sorry I can't answer messages on this system.

~Becky

on 3/30/13 5:52 am

Thanks for all the reminders on how to stick with the program.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Felicia S.
on 3/30/13 6:17 am - Lincoln, NE

Thank you sooo much!  I am going to try to think of these next 2 weeks as "boot camp" and stay as far away from simple sugars that I can.  I stocked up on low carb foods and bought some of the Atkins shakes, bars, and frozen meals as well.

I'm going to go look up Brok' pizza.  I can't believe that I haven't made it even once over the last 4 years as it sounds and looks delicious.

Wish me luck!  I want to get back into my size 6 jeans...about a size and a half to go as my 8's are getting snug.

Take care,

Felicia

HW 264 SW 248 CW 140.8 GW 140 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views