Don't drink coffee but would like to go to Starbucks?

beemerbeeper
on 2/1/13 12:39 pm - AL

I do not really understand the Starbucks craze and the amount of $ people spend on coffee, but both my girls work for Starbucks and they get MEDICAL INSURANCE (thank you Starbucks), so I was there and wanted to drink something but I don't drink coffee.

Diet hot chocolate (Sugar Free) made with Heavy Cream.  Skip the whipped topping because it is all sugar.

DELICIOUS! But not as good as what I make at home!

~Becky

MajorMom
on 2/1/13 6:33 pm - VA

I kind of distrust the "skinny" claim. There's usually hidden sugar in there somewhere. 

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 2/1/13 11:10 pm - AL

My girls have access to the numbers so I believe them.  Plus I don't have any reaction to it and I did react to the whipping cream which has sugar.

~B

MajorMom
on 2/1/13 11:30 pm - VA

That would be the only way I'd trust it. You have to have someone on the inside.  ; )

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 2/2/13 12:43 am - AL

My body reacts so strongly to sugar when I am low carbing that that is another way I can verify.  But yeah, both girls have checked.  The hot chocolate is sugar free, heavy cream is what it is, and the topping has sugar in it.

I don't drink these often due to the cost.  But it has been COLD down here in the deep (freezer) south!!

Going to walk today though.  The sun is nice and it isn't windy.  Dogs will be so happy.

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/13 12:42 am

Excellent idea! It's freezing cold here, I just took a bunch of pictures of the giant snowflakes softly piling on the evergreens outside my window. Homemade protein hot chocolate sounds wonderful!!

beemerbeeper
on 2/2/13 12:45 am - AL

I went to a major dog training conference last year (Karen Pryor's Clicker Academy) and was blown away by a competition trained obedience beagle.  Such a WOW of a dog. 

~Becky

Valerie G.
on 2/2/13 3:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I remember years ago a gal who worked at Starbucks just so she could get the DS with their insurance.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1057 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1220 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 506 views