I GOT MY SURGERY DATE

BROWNEYES_24
on 11/14/12 2:13 am
On December 10th I will be having my DS with Dr. Albert Spaw in Nashville,Tn. I am so scared and thinking about backing out.. Alot of things are running through my head right now.. I need some comforting words. I am totally freaking out..
BRENDALOU
on 11/14/12 2:32 am - Oklahoma City, OK
DS on 07/30/12

i have been in ur shoes just 3 months ago. yes you will b thinking about backing out, and second guessing your self up until 1 wk after surgery. at least i did i was laying in the recovery room crying and asking my husband why did he let me do this. i second guessed my self up until i left the hospital. now i have been out 3 month and am loving every bit of it. wish i would have done it a lot sooner. but when i had my surgery my BMI was 36.9 and yesterday it was 28.5. my A!C was 13 mow is 6 and off all meds for my diabetes. you have to keep watching the ones that have been on here long time and no****ch the ones that are knew. everyone has different experience. so just put it in gods hands and he will do what is best for you. good luck. keep us posted on ur success. I have faith that you will be so successful in ur new life. I will save you a spot on the looser bench.

Valerie G.
on 11/14/12 2:43 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Why freaking out?  You're halfway there and just going in to finish the job.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

k9ophile
on 11/14/12 3:36 am

You have a well respected surgeon who has a lot of experience.  Go ahead with confidence.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

BROWNEYES_24
on 11/14/12 5:52 am
Thanks guys, Im so nervous
clutterbunny
on 11/14/12 6:42 am - CA

I completely understand.  The last thing I remember before I went under was crying as they strapped my arms to the boards in the surgery room.  Don't back out!  You've gone through all the stress to get this far. It will soooo be worth it!

MicheleNJ
on 11/14/12 11:17 am
DS on 04/01/13

Good Luck!!!! Don't back out, think of all the things you will be able to do after the surgery that you can't do right now. ((((()))))

Jaiart
on 11/14/12 7:24 pm - MI
Take heart, the misgivings are good signs. They mean you have researched and know the risks. That you don't have blinders on or some pie in the sky ideals. Like in school when you are a little nervous that means you're ready whereas when you have no qualms then either you're a genious or you're totally unprepared. So congrats on your surgery date and looking forward to reading about your progress down this road.

thinlizzie12
on 11/14/12 11:45 pm - KS
DS on 01/24/13

Brown eyes,

I WISH so much to be in your shoes....and when I am I will be nervous too! It is normal. Just remember, band out, new life begins;) December 10th....beginning your new life. You can do this!

BROWNEYES_24
on 11/15/12 3:19 pm

I've been telling myself hey your gonna be finna thin go for it. really scared i will look funny if i lose to much right off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 538 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 934 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 312 views