Lookin Prego and Update!

mhiggins
on 10/16/12 2:02 am
Hey all. Yes, Its been forever since ive posted. As some of you may know I have been struggling with an addiction to drugs. Long story short, it got a lot worse BUT its gotten a lot better, today I am 4 months clean and sober. Ive relocted to another state to be with my elder Grandmother, Im happier then ever before. . . BUUUUUT
Since I got sober all I do is eat (and eat, then eat some more!) I put on about 30lbs these past few months, and by night time my belly is so full I look 6 months pregnant!!!! Its freaking me out! At 5'9, I got down to 130lbs, and I was sickly, but Id like to loose about 15lbs, suggestions on how to do it are most welcomed! Today I am roughly 165, and uncomfortable, I feel like Im 275lbs!!! ugh! HELP!
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

puppysweets1
on 10/16/12 2:13 am - CA
Weight gain can happen with or without addiction in your past. Good that you are in a better healthier place.  Back to the basics with your DS diet might be the way to go.  100+ g of protein every day.  Protein before carbs.  Limit carbs especially sugars and anything made with flour. 

Major Mom posts a healpful  thread everyday called Bites, Vites and Exercites where you can post your food intake and get feedback.

RNY to DS  210 lbs gone for 5 years.

Valerie G.
on 10/16/12 10:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Back down on the white carbs and you'll gain some control.  You may need a few days of protein loading to kill the cravings.  Also, if you're not taking any probiotics or eating yogurt, start doing so.  When my bacteria is out of balance, bloating happens in the afternoons and my stool is particular sour smelling.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Whit
on 10/20/12 1:13 pm
Revision on 12/10/12
 First let me say congratulations on your sobriety. Second you are not 275 you can lose 15 pounds you can do it! Good Luck
Whit
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 812 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1080 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 357 views