RNY to DS

Miss_Amanda
on 9/4/12 2:49 pm - redding, CA
I need some info please. I looking to drop another 100lbs and so far im getting no where. I wanted the DS before but settled for the RNY, what is the benefits for a DS?thank you in advance. PS i workout 3-4 x a week and Live a very active lifethanks to the RNY, i just need to get to goal with either the revision or a DS
 HW: 367...  NEVER AGAIN
 S
W: 345 ... Started a new chapter in my life

1GW:275... Less than I weighed when I married my hubby
 CW: 230  ... USING my tool & loving it
 2GW:200... How much I weighed when I was preggo ,10 years ago

GW:  165... Haven't been this weight since high school. IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

When I'm good, I'm
good, but when I'm bad, I'm better
Follow my Blog Girl Gets Skinny        

MsBatt
on 9/4/12 3:00 pm
If you wanted the DS before, you should already know the benefits of the DS.
Sandra C.
on 9/4/12 3:01 pm, edited 9/14/12 1:17 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 D.S. is top WLS- My surgeons pick for light weights and heavy weights. Dr Kemmeter continues year after year to support the benefits of the D.S. Here's his list of why: Keep your pylorus for digestion, no dumping, lots of good healthy food choices most like Atkins diet w/ high protein, best surgery to get to goal, and maintain w/ least chance of regain, malabsorbtion insures everything you eat doesnt get added to your waist. Being able to have NSAIDS is most important.

At one year out, I can eat every kind of food in small portions, with no ill effects other than occasional added small amounts of  gas. No additional trips to the bathroom, just once in the morning before I leave for the day. I never feel hungry. I can eat any time, any kind of meals- pizza, pasta,rice, salads, steaks, tacos, Indian spicy food, Greek food.....popcorn, ice cream, chocolate, carmels, birthday cake.... I've been trying as many new foods as I can to see how far I can push the D.S. so far my maintaining has been steady within 5 lbs up and down, for the past 3 months. I do fill up very fast, and dont push volumes of food. I really enjoy cooking with lots of spices, creative cooking fits with the D.S. 

My decision to have the D.S. was based on chosing the biggest weight loss producing procedure for success. My insurance would only pay for one procedure in a lifetime. My goal was to limit surgical experiences, do it one time, get to goal as fast as I could, and stay there. The D.S. was the best choice to meet all my goals. In the end it all happened just this way, as I planned with my Dr. I set my goals high, went for the best- the D.S. I was very close to chosing the RNY. So glad I went with Dr. Kemmeter, his team  and the D.S. Their positive attitudes about a successful weight loss journey my whole first year helped me reach my goals. Success is sweet !!!

The trend now is to have revisions to the D.S. Those of us who are virgin D.S.ers and revisions  are having so much fun eating bacon, sausage, pork chops, just about anything, unless there is a personal food intolerance. My greatest joy about the D.S. is my ability to go out and  have  a steak, loaded baked potato, salad, and 2 scoops of regular ice cream, like always, pre D.S. Best of all I dont have any weight gain with this type of eating- life  just the way I want it.

Best wishes with your decision, I know I made the right choice for me. Go to many surgeons lectures, ask endless questions and your path will be clear to choose whats right for you.  P.M. me with any questions, happy to help.

Sandra  ;-)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 5:49 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
 Sandra, you really helped me with your response.  I am having a revision from RNY to DS and I am excited.  Thank you for helping put my mind at ease.

Hugs, Esther
route66hello
on 9/5/12 2:59 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Hi,

A revision from RNY to DS is a very complicated surgery and there are only a small number of surgeons that do this type of surgery. I used Dr. John Rabkin (www.paclap.com) who is one of the best. My surgery was in March 2012 and I had major, major complications. It is an open procedure. There is a site www.dsfacts.com which lists vetted surgeons for the revision. So please seek out a good surgeon (you might have to travel... Dr. Rabkin's office is setup for the traveling patient), have a consult and listen carefully. For me with what I have been through... I would be on the fence if I "only" (I know how hard it is) had to lose 100 lbs.

Best of luck with your decision. Terri
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 5:45 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
 Miss Amanda,

I am having my RNY to DS because I gained my weight back with the RNY.  We need to stick together.  I am excited but eveyone tells me they would do the DS again and they didn't gain weight back so I am going for it.

Hugs,
Esther
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 5:47 pm - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
 I wrote my response to you and for some reason it popped up below.  Sorry
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1046 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1203 views