Chewable Potassium Supplements

octobermorning
on 6/17/12 8:15 am
DS on 07/25/12
I'm getting ready to have my DS pretty soon (tentatively July) and I am trying to find a good chewable potassium gluconate supplement.  I have taken potassium supplements daily for years to minimize leg cramps I've dealt with all my life, and I'm worried that I may not be able to handle the big potassium pill after my DS.  Does anyone happen to know of a good chewable potassium supplement?  The ones I keep finding online are for dogs.
"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was greater than the risk it took to blossom."  ~Anais Nin            
MajorMom
on 6/17/12 8:27 am - VA
You might try dissolving your potassium tablets in water or broth before spending for chewables. Perhaps you won't need to find a chewable.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

octobermorning
on 6/17/12 9:21 am
DS on 07/25/12
I'll have to try that.
beemerbeeper
on 6/17/12 12:44 pm - AL
If you are talking about prescription potassium I don't have any ideas for you. But for nonprescription I use "fake " salt because the oils have too little potassium.

Becky

beemerbeeper
on 6/17/12 12:45 pm - AL
Pills not oils.

Auburnmist
on 6/18/12 5:56 am - TX
  If it is for prescription potassium your dr should be able to write you a Rx for liquid potassium. If it is a supplement you like to take, google chewable potassium for humans. There are a few out there but not many. Hope that helps. 
 [url=  
Bronwen
on 6/18/12 7:55 am - Wilmington, DE
 I recommend using Morton's Lite salt on your food instead of the real thing, as the Lite salt is a potassium supplement.  If your doc wants to keep you on a prescription, Klor-Con powder is what worked best for me: I dissolved it in water and did it like a shot.  It tastes kind of like salty Tang, but my potassium numbers shot up quickly with it.
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Valerie G.
on 6/18/12 8:32 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I had no problem swallowing pills from the get-go.  The only difference is that I could only do one at a time for a while.  Now I do a handful.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 438 views