terrified

missdivatete
on 4/27/12 9:44 am - TX
hello all I am new to this group I will be having my procedure in 4 days if any of you all could give me some good tips ,prayers whatever i would appreciate it im 26 and I have 4 children to live for im very scared but this needs to be done now .....
Valerie G.
on 4/27/12 12:22 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Welcome!  
You need to read this

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ezziesmomma
on 4/27/12 12:43 pm - Fort Bragg, CA

Try to go into this with a positive mind! Be determined and you will be fine!
 It is a HUGE decision to make ...but in a few months you will be sooo happy you did it~

good luck!
Evelyn

missdivatete
on 4/27/12 12:50 pm - TX
thank you so much I will definately take a look at the link
missdivatete
on 4/27/12 12:50 pm - TX
thank you
ginany
on 4/28/12 11:19 am - brooklyn, NY
DS on 04/23/12
Hello and welcome.  i had mr RNY to Ds revision on Monday.  I was a basket case and almost considered canceling the procedure.  All I kept telling myself is what if i die. I was a somewhat complicated case, was under the knife for 5 hours,  Had to stay in the hospital an extra day.  Im home and recovering and glad i went thru with it.  Everyone says that freaking out is normal.  I needed to be reassured that like a thousand times.  Kissing my kids goodbye at 4 am in hysterics, my husband and mother telling me I didnt have to do it. I said no, lets go.  Ill be fine. Here I am 5 days post-op and no regrets.

Good Luck to you
Gina    

RNY 1/26/06 
SW 345
Revised to DS 4/23/12
SW 268

missdivatete
on 4/29/12 5:42 am - TX
thank you soooooooo much for the info and encouraging words it looks like144 people viewed my post and you and  the 7 people *****plied on this forum and inboxed me are well appreciated
merrymorris
on 4/29/12 1:52 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I just had my ds on the 26 and I'm already starting to feel a lot better. Listen, you will not die. I am praying for you right now...You will be fine!!
missdivatete
on 4/29/12 5:43 am - TX
thank you soooo much great to see that you are doing well please keep in touch it would be amazing to have people to go through this major change that can relate.
NoMore B.
on 4/29/12 6:38 am
 It's normal to be so nervous.  It's a big, life changing step.  There are risks to having the surgery, but fortunately they are very rare.  The thing to remember is there are big risks in remaining obese.  Your chances of having something bad happen to your health because you're obese are far more than your chances of having something bad happen due to the surgery.  It's just that we get comfortable with being obese day by day, so the risks of staying that way dont seem real - but they are.

Just keep thinking about all the  positie reasons you're doing this - for yourself and your children.  Know that it's normal to be scared.  We all were.  There would be something wrong with you if you weren't scared.

You can do this.  Hang in there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 979 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 441 views