Getting bored with meat and cheese

halblingefrau
on 3/7/12 1:48 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I need some variety!  It seems like all I eat lately is meat or cheese.  I tried eating beans but my system just does NOT get along with them.  Worst Gas Ever.  I'm getting in 90 to 100g of protein every day via meat, cheese, and shakes.  So it's not that I'm not getting what I need.  I'm just really bored with my routine foods right now.

I've been watching the Vites/Bites/Exercites posts to get meal/snack ideas, but it seems a lot of you who post there are on maintenance and can therefore afford more carbs than I can right now during my weight loss phase.

What suggestions do y'all have to switch things up a bit, but still remaining very low carb?  Mostly I'm looking for lunch ideas.  I eat greek yogurt for breakfast every morning and I'm fine with that.  And dinners for me are usually varied because I cook them at home.  But at work, I always end up eating either string cheese, or cold cuts and sliced cheese.  SO bored with that!

newyorkbitch
on 3/7/12 2:25 am
fish,  shellfish...I eat lots of shrimp, lobster, crab, fish...

Roast chicken,  steak,  burgers without the bun, pork tenderloin...
bldeck
on 3/7/12 3:37 am - Farmington, NM
I usually make enough for my dinner at night to take leftovers to work the next day.  Since you say you have been varing the dinners up that will get you a few other lunches also.

DS with Daryl Stewart 04/21/10 - SW 306lbs CW 140lbs

Plastic Surgery with Dr. Sauceda 11/06/12 - LBL, Thigh Lift, BL/BA, small Arm lift

zuzupetals2u2
on 3/7/12 3:56 am - Sedona, AZ
 I need a lot of variety to not get bored also. Tho I have done Greek yogurt with berries most mornings lately I know soon I will want something else. I may have an omelet- sometimes with avocados or fresh spinach and of course cheeses. Jack, cheddar, swiss, mozzarella and often serve salsa & sour cream on top. It is SOOOO good. Bacon & eggs is a favorite too. Sometimes sausage.

I snack on nuts often too. All kinds & trail mixes too keep it interesting at times- sometime I even add dark chocolate chips to liven it up.

I can't say I ever get bored with a big rib eye steak or a big burger patties cooked with fried onions. I have found some good deals since the holidays on big prime rib roasts too which I slice thin and eat over a few days. 

I love seafood too and have tuna with lots of mayo regularly. I love going out for sushi- or sashimi- hold the rice! Barbecued ribs are a favorite going out to eat also!

The crock pot is wonderful to make roasts and chicken and let it cook all day and have tender meat & great flavors & smells filling the houe with aroma. a beef chick roast with a packet of onion soup mix & on real onions is very tasty. I really mix things up and I have always been one to eat for taste. Now I still do but it's protein too.

Have you tried some of the recipes people here have contributed like broks pizza or baked cheese chips or chocolate cale made with protein poweder? How about Val's Ricotta fluff? 

I love food & alwys need variety so I rarely eat the same thing twice unless of course I have leftovers.

I have some things bookmarked too with ideas- I will look thru them & post one here for you too.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

zuzupetals2u2
on 3/7/12 4:00 am - Sedona, AZ

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

zuzupetals2u2
on 3/7/12 4:17 am - Sedona, AZ

Winnie the Pooh

halblingefrau
on 3/7/12 4:42 am - Flagstaff, AZ
THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!  That is an awesome thread! 

I think what I really need to do is just start bringing leftovers to work.  Relying on what I can keep in my fridge hasn't been working since I don't have room to actually make anything.  There's only so much string cheese and cold cuts a woman can take!

Amy W.
on 3/7/12 6:37 am - Buckeye, AZ
Yeah! That thread is fantastic!!!!!!!!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

teachmid
on 3/7/12 6:45 am - OKC, OK
I tend to eat the same thing everyday during the week. Right now I'm eat a turkey and Swiss sandwich on low carb bread. Egg salad makes a great lunch and Brok's pizza reheats really good.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

halblingefrau
on 3/7/12 6:59 am - Flagstaff, AZ
I was wondering about Brok's pizza reheating.  I bought some stuff to make it tomorrow night for dinner.  Do you reheat it in the oven?  All I have at work is a microwave. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 437 views